A large bug about Zigzag On Mt5 and Mt4!!! Please correct it!!!

To add comments, please log in or register
Yu Zhang
Yu Zhang  

If we loaded Zigzag Indicator , I find a large bug!  It also happened on Mt5 and Mt4. 

To Set Zigzag Value: ( ExtDepth=30; ExtDeviation=5; ExtBackstep=3; )

Symbol is "AUDUSD" ;  

TimeFrame is "H1"  .

The latest timeclock is  "2017.06.21 13:00",  your will find bug like Picture.

After loaded, Zigzag was right at first . But!!! wait a moment , you will see this :

This bug is very serious, especially on EA!  

I test it on Mt4 , also have bug. 

Miguel Angel Vico Alba
Miguel Angel Vico Alba  
Yu Zhang:

If we loaded Zigzag Indicator , I find a large bug!  It also happened on Mt5 and Mt4. 

To Set Zigzag Value: ( ExtDepth=30; ExtDeviation=5; ExtBackstep=3; )

Symbol is "AUDUSD" ;  

TimeFrame is "H1"  .

The latest timeclock is  "2017.06.21 13:00",  your will find bug like Picture.

After loaded, Zigzag was right at first . But!!! wait a moment , you will see this :

This bug is very serious, especially on EA!  

I test it on Mt4 , also have bug. 

Not a bug.

A ZigZag set at ExtDepth=30 would ignore all price movements less than 30%. (14/15 Jun)

ZigZag [ChartSchool]
ZigZag [ChartSchool]
  • stockcharts.com
The ZigZag feature on SharpCharts is not an indicator per se, but rather a means to filter out smaller price movements. A ZigZag set at 10% would ignore all price movements less than 10%. Only price movements greater than 10% would be shown. Filtering out smaller movements gives chartists the ability to see the forest instead of just trees. It...
Yu Zhang
Yu Zhang  
Miguel Angel Vico Alba:

Not a bug.

ExtDepth=30 it is equal to 30% loss of the data, so it is normal for this type of actions when there was a lowering and recovery very fast, as is the case (14/15 Jun). Has that add to lose a 30% of the data.

Thanks for reply.

But It is right at first , suddenly ,it become that .  I have read Zigzag's Code . I don't think it will happen.

Another Indicator: ZigzagColor (Mt5) . The results is right. To see the picture:  ZigzagColor(30,5,3)

So, ZigzagColor is right, But Zigzag is wrong. Do you know why this happened?   And another question: you have said "ExtDepth=30 it is equal to 30% loss of the data" . What is it meaning? 

thank you.

Yu Zhang
Yu Zhang  
Miguel Angel Vico Alba:

Not a bug.

A ZigZag set at ExtDepth=30 would ignore all price movements less than 30%. (14/15 Jun)

Thanks for sharing. 

But I still don't understand why Zigzag is wrong and ZigzagColor is right.

Miguel Angel Vico Alba
Miguel Angel Vico Alba  
Yu Zhang:

Thanks for sharing. 

But I still don't understand why Zigzag is wrong and ZigzagColor is right.

It seems that the "Color" version is more accurate due to a count of the % of data which leaves aside.

int level=3; // recounting's depth
Anyway discard minor moves to 30% (ExtDepth=30), seems to me to be insane. The best setup, as is obvious, it is by default.
Taras Slobodyanik
Taras Slobodyanik  

set 200 on this line

MT5

while(counterZ<level && i>rates_total-100)

MT4

while(counterZ<ExtLevel && i<100)
Yu Zhang
Yu Zhang  
Taras Slobodyanik:

set 200 on this line

MT5

MT4

Thank you, It is solved.

To add comments, please log in or register