It's All About The Risk.

One of my favorite saying in Forex goes something along the lines of;

It is your job to manage the losers, if you can do that well the winners will take care of their selves.

Another is;

Amateurs think about how much they can gain and professionals think about how much they can lose.

If you control your risk - you have a much higher chance of doing well.

If you are wild with your risk, you will more than likely become just another statistic.

Food for the professionals.

The fish for the sharks.

I suggest you use a set percentage risk per trade.

I risk 2% per trade, it does not matter if my stop is 20 pips or 200 pips, the risk is the same, I adjust my lot size size to suit my sop size.

For example, if you have $1000 account and you want to risk 2% - You can risk $20.

If the stop is 200 pips, you can trade at 0.01.

If the stop is 20 pips, you can trade at 0.1.

This means as long as you trade 1:1 risk:reward ratio, you can breakeven if you can win 51% of trades.

That is actually not as easy as it may sound, but if you trade at a better than 1:1 ratio, you can lose over 50% of trades and still turn a profit.

You do not need to be Einstein, you do not need a crystal ball, or a magic "NO LOSS" EA.

You just need to be realistic with your goals and maintain good rules.

My favorite strategy let's me trade usually 2:1 risk:reward or some times slightly better.

Doing this lets me lose a whole ton of trades and still come out profitable if I can just win a few.

How do you prevent loss in Forex?

Accept there are going to be losses, haha, simple as that.

Just make sure you lose well, and the wins will take care of their selves.

Happy trading.

risks in forex is very high. for that we need better risk management if we want to risk that happening are minimized. We can use the SL and TP when trading. Thus a greater risk can be minimized

Risk is all about management..Just decide what you are comfortable losing and head for the beach.

we can not lose risks in forex . but we can only minimize the risk with good risk management. By using the SL so a greater risk can minimized. So that our account will be saved.

Yes forex market is dealing with risk , How efficiently we manage risk it maximize our profits. If we loose our control from risk it will surely harm our capital . Risk is present every time never eliminate from trading just use that much what you can control easily.

forex trading without risk highly unlikely. because risks in forex there will always be . With the risk that we should be more careful when trading a real account. before starting of trading would be better if we prepare mentally strong. with strong mentally then we will easily rise from failure. and can make a failure as a lesson.

Yes we can not fully avoid from Risk involved in Forex but we can minimize it with good risk management. Now it is upto us how we can handle and minimize this risk with good money management.

What makes a good trader is the ability to minimize loss and maximize profit. Traders need to focus on how much they are willing to lose whenever they want to make a move. It is as simple as this.

I agree. One should manage risk pretty well to have consistency and gain profit.

I agree with you, to minimize the risk then we should improve trading skills and trading experience. With the improvement of skills and experience in forex trading, the risk can be minimized by good. After that we could use one of risk management is to use SL on our account

kaito kid:
it is not easy at all trading using forex. It is very much difficult to learn overall forex. You have to know the trading very well and you have to do lots of trading. we all know that 95% traders in this forex trading are the losers. but can minimize this with rebate and insurance from FBS

yes, to get profit in forex trading then it is not very easy. we have much to learn and practice trading. to minimize the risk that we need for good risk management. we can use SL when trading forex

Reason: