Fix profitable EA based on MA and MACD

Hello

I need some help for my "Momo" EA, which I took from the book High probability set ups. This strategy is originally based on 5 min chart but I created a flexible EA in order to use different time frames and to be able to optimize the strategy.

After endless fixes with the programmer (who I really do no recommend) the EA still has an important bug:

The 2 lot strategy with break even does not work.

The strategy though is quite straight forward and used by most professional traders:

1. Enter with 2 lots

2. Exit half of position at entry plus amount risked, move stop on second half to breakeven.

So, if somebody could fix this would be great because this strategy really works.

I attached the EA and the documentation.
Feel free to ask me questions.
Thanks, Heiko

Files:
Momo_EA.mq4  22 kb

Seems hopeful mate but it would make losers in choppy markets though?

Choppy markets are always bad, so yes, that is possible.

Nevertheless, it can be used only in the most active hours and though I still did not figure out a real good methodology, filters like ADX can be added.

My backtest though generated very good results, which were only blurred by the bug in the break even 2 lot strategy. This strategy is a very good defense against choppy markets.

I coded this system too but it is not profitable for me. I will look at your code to compare with mine.

heikobaer:
My backtest though generated very good results, which were only blurred by the bug in the break even 2 lot strategy. This strategy is a very good defense against choppy markets.

I backtested yours. It's not so good.

I attached my version here. No fancy features like MM or TimeFilter

It follows the rules very close to 100% except enter at 10 pips away from MA.

Files:
5min-momo.mq4  9 kb

kittisakh:
I backtested yours. It's not so good.I attached my version here. No fancy features like MM or TimeFilterIt follows the rules very close to 100% except enter at 10 pips away from MA.

hi i'm new here. what currency you backtested? do you have live result? thanks. also have you improved your EA?

it seems like scapler

Hi Kittisakh, I have been testing your superb EA for a couple of weeks. I've had it in manual mode so that I can cross check its recommendations. This way, I get more positive trades when big news is around. Your EA gets upset when the Broker returns invalid prices and doesn't try to repeat the order. I have enable max deviation from quoted price from the Broker set to 30pips. Any chance that your code can ask for retries on the order? Have you tried the fast/slow EMA settings on slightly more aggressive entry criteria? Either way, I'll keep testing and again, many thanks

Reason: