Price Action Trading - page 3

Another Example of Continuation

This is the same screen shot of the EUR/USD. But this time the trades are shorts. The same logic applies as above

but just in reverse.

Sorry for the typo - It should read "increasing EMI" in the top box.

Divergence Example

This is the same screen shot of the EUR/USD, but in this example I want to discuss divergence. Divergence usually occurs when price makes a new high/low on less buying/selling pressure and then reverses.

You can see price make a new high around 3:40 but compared to the previous high it looks like buying pressure may be fading. You can also confirm the lack of buying pressure by comparing the 2 highs EMI's. The 1st high around 2:50 the EMI is around 4.70 and then the 2nd high the EMI is around 4.30.

Looks good for a potential trend reversal. Get short if next price bar is weak and EMI is less than the previous bar. Stop loss will be previous high.

I usually only trade off of the 5min chart, but wanted to post a 15 min chart to show same set ups work as well. In fact should work on any time frame. Action on this chart is around the white squares.

do u have a signal indicator for this system ?

fxtrendline:
do u have a signal indicator for this system ?

Not yet.

Just want to post another example of EUR/USD trading RIGHT now. Nice continuation trade at 10:45 am

Just want to post a continuation trade (+ 24.5 pips) I just made. See below chart with trade details.

Trade Details

I only took 1 lot because volatility is high, so I reduced my position size.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Hi, great info. Quick question, how do you decide to when to exit?

thesnapdragon:
Hi, great info. Quick question, how do you decide to when to exit?

Since I like to keep things simple I usually exit the trade once price breaks the low/high of the previous bar (initial stop loss is usually swing low/high). Not perfect, but I'm looking for the situation where price is moving higher/lower for greater than 2 bars in a row. Of course there are a few exceptions for example prior S/R, price velocity, etc...

Reason: