Urban Towers Scalping Strategy - page 3

just had athought...you could use a moving average envelope instead???

Hooya:
just had athought...you could use a moving average envelope instead???

Hey Hooya,

Yes bascially its all moving averages, but to make life easier, i am attaching the indicator file.

Cheers,

hi could u attach a picture how to entry and exit ?

Hi

I like the simplicity. One question - for a short are we looking for 3 candles with higher highs or higher lows? From the one short example posted both of these are true, but I assume only one of them needs to be (higher lows).

Thanks

fxtrendline:
hi could u attach a picture how to entry and exit ?

Hi Fxtrendline

Please refer to the first post by clicking here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/196765

If you have any further questions, do let me know

Cheers,

BontBoy:
Hi I like the simplicity. One question - for a short are we looking for 3 candles with higher highs or higher lows? From the one short example posted both of these are true, but I assume only one of them needs to be (higher lows). Thanks

Hey Bontboy,

For a short trade you would be on the lookout for higher lows. For a long trade you would be on the look out for lower highs.

I have attached an example of a short trade. (as you can see we had 4 consecutive higher lows and then finally the market broke below the 4th low and we entered a sell trade.

Files:

Here's a trade that happened yesterday on EUR/CHF for a short.

Files:

Jimmy

Thanks for the clarification. That final one poses another question (which you may already be anticipating!) - If one of the candles has the same low as the previous one, can we continue the sequence on the next candle if that then has a higher low? I can chop bits out of the last screenshot if that doesn't make sense.

Thanks

BB

BontBoy:
Jimmy Thanks for the clarification. That final one poses another question (which you may already be anticipating!) - If one of the candles has the same low as the previous one, can we continue the sequence on the next candle if that then has a higher low? I can chop bits out of the last screenshot if that doesn't make sense. ThanksBB

Hey Bontboy,

The answer to your question is yes. You'll be fine with the same lows.

Cheers,

JS

Here's a trade that happened yesterday on GBP/USD.

Files:
21st_GBPUSD.jpg  26 kb
Reason: