how to identify trend

hello friends

i'm new here. i just want to ask - how to identify the trend since the trend is very impotants. i also want to ask that, how to pus a good stop loss. thanks

Let me see if I can help out here a bit. I have heard say that Technical Indicators help judge a trend. One of the most widely used indicators, moving averages can help traders verify existing trends, identify emerging trends, and view overextended trends about to reverse. As the name suggests, these are lines overlaid on a chart that "average out" short-term price fluctuations, so you can see the long-term price trend.

How to put a good stop loss still trying to figure that one out myself..

You must know also that major trend reversals happen often during major economic releases. Sometimes it brings and end to a trend and starts another.

just learn about what forex trend is,draw a trendline and compare the trend line from Higher TF to Smaller one and you can identify up or down the trend

knoppix123:
hello friends i'm new here. i just want to ask - how to identify the trend since the trend is very impotants. i also want to ask that, how to pus a good stop loss. thanks

One way is to setup 3 moving averages (30, 50, 100). From there you will know where is the trend.

knoppix123:
hello friends i'm new here. i just want to ask - how to identify the trend since the trend is very impotants. i also want to ask that, how to pus a good stop loss. thanks

hello..i'm also new here..just want to share my weak opinion compare to master here.... for me...what should i think to verify the trend is, i used PA or Price Action... if uptrend it will started with LOW then HIGH> HIGHER LOW>HIGHER HIGH so on....just my view...

To identify a trend, some look at how moving averages are interacting with each other, some look at technical indicators that have been specifically created to identify trends and some like me prefers to see directly at the price action.

knoppix123:

Hello

To identify the major trend of forex market ,you will have to take help of Technical Trend Indicator. There are many Technical Indicator which can help you to find out the exact and major trend like Moving Averages ,MACD ,Guppy Moving Averages ,and Momentum ,etc. you can find it in babypips.com ,dailyfx.com.

A stop loss is basically a stock trading strategy to limit your disadvantage. Trader is not always right, so only good stop loss strategy can protect you. So First of all assess your Risk appetite and acccording to your risk appetite keep the Stop Loss.

Ok

have a happy trading

knoppix123:

There are many ways to define this levels but the most simple is to define the last and the previous maximum of the price and connect them, if the line is rising, the trend is upward.

sideway:
hello..i'm also new here..just want to share my weak opinion compare to master here.... for me...what should i think to verify the trend is, i used PA or Price Action... if uptrend it will started with LOW then HIGH> HIGHER LOW>HIGHER HIGH so on....just my view...

Everyone here except for sideway has been talking about indicators to tell you the trend, but he is the one that hit the nail right on the head.

You dont need indicators to tell you which direction the market is going, just look at the price action on the charts, it is simple...

Bullish Trend = higher lows and higher highs

Bearish Trend = lower lows and lower highs

If you see the market moving sideways then chances are that the market is ranging or consolidating before either another move in the direction of the previous trend or a trend reversal. This is where trendlines come in handy.

PipperySlipples:
Everyone here except for sideway has been talking about indicators to tell you the trend, but he is the one that hit the nail right on the head.You dont need indicators to tell you which direction the market is going, just look at the price action on the charts, it is simple...Bullish Trend = higher lows and higher highsBearish Trend = lower lows and lower highsIf you see the market moving sideways then chances are that the market is ranging or consolidating before either another move in the direction of the previous trend or a trend reversal. This is where trendlines come in handy.

first thing first is always make a trend your friend.....dont against it or it will make u find the worse friend in forex the margin call...

oh no, i dont want to make friend with margin call ar i'm believe that you don't too........

Reason: