MetaTrader 4 Build 574 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 24

I am watching is not work

void OnTesterInit()

void OnTesterDeinit()

TesterStatistics

forexgeeker:
Did anyone else notice the excessive memory usage of the "new" MT4? I am running the exact same optimization as with build 509 and the memory build 509 takes is maxing out at 329mb per instance. With build 577 it´s going up all the time, now at 1300mb for the same type of opti and raising further. Seems like a heavy leak of memory somewhere with it :( Whenever I run the "cleanmem" program (google for it), it pushes the new MT4 instances down again to 400mb, which shows that the overhead of memory it creates is not really needed but must be a leak somewhere. After cleanmem finished it starts to go up to 1300mb+ again within a few minutes.... only solution to not totally overload the memory is to run cleanmem all few minutes :(

I have 509 and 577 running at the same time on my PC the memory usage is actually less on 577. Do you have custom indicators running ?

4 charts on each terminal, 1 exp moving average indicator on each chart

509: 23,256 K

577: 20,560 K

SDC:

I have 509 and 577 running at the same time on my PC the memory usage is actually less on 577. Do you have custom indicators running ?

4 charts on each terminal, 1 moving average indicator on each chart

509: 23,256 K

577: 20,560 K

My 577 and 574 both use about 7% CPU ( 4 hyperthreads ) doing nothing, has anyone else seen this ?

I am looking at task manager again they are both now using more memory I have no idea why I didnt change anything.

Build Memory(PWS) CPU Threads
509 24,132 K 00 8
577 33,984 K 00 9

My MT4 upgraded just the other day to the new version (574). Last night I compiled an EA and moved the EX4 file to the Experts folder as I have always done. I closed the MT4 client and re-opened it but I did not see the newly compiled EA in the EA list in Tester. I've repeated this process several times. I even saved the EA to a new name and repeated the process. No matter what I do I cannot see my EA in the list of EAs available to the Strategy Tester. Can anyone help? There must be something related to the installation of the new version that has caused this. What must I do differently? Thanks.

Open a new EA file in metaeditor, copy paste your source code to it, compile it. Or in MT4 go to file/open data folder, put your EA in the experts folder

SDC:

Open a new EA file in metaeditor, copy paste your source code to it, compile it. Or in MT4 go to file/open data folder, put your EA in the experts folder

Thanks for the quick reply, SDC. I'll give this a try.

SDC:

I am looking at task manager again they are both now using more memory I have no idea why I didnt change anything.

Build Memory(PWS) CPU Threads
509 24,132 K 00 8
577 33,984 K 00 9

Are you using the /portable switch ?

no it is a regular install, it is the upgraded 509 installed in program files. I dont think I ever had an option to install in portable mode.

SDC:

no it is a regular install

OK, perhaps that is the difference.
Reason: