Am I wasting my time?

I think FxFisherman is a very interesting forum but when I follow the threads on various systems there always seem to be problems with them.

All I want to do is find a straightforward method that will generate 20 pips a day for me without having to spend all day watching the computer.

Are there traders out there who are achieving this or am I wasting my time?

Yes and Yes

Many traders are making that and much more daily....so Yes to that.

and you are wasting your time....sooooo yes to that as well.

Any trader who is making it on a daily basis has pay his dues man....

Dude, nothing comes easy in life.... However you can try the Part Time Wealth Systems on FF by TKimble or try the VanessaFX H4 system or Daily Fozzy, also on FF.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post links, so you'll have to search for yourself

Get 3 or 4 system and stick to them. One strategy is not enough to cover your trading. At the time you want to trade, one stratgey might not give you a signal but the other ones can give.

Nic

study support and resistance and learn to trade the breaks of it and either take 10 to 20 pips a day profit from them or move stop to breakeven and let them run. the last way will get you stopped out a lot but the runs will make up for it. If you can learn to get 20 a day and be happy with that your a great trader in my book.

Paulon:
I think FxFisherman is a very interesting forum but when I follow the threads on various systems there always seem to be problems with them. All I want to do is find a straightforward method that will generate 20 pips a day for me without having to spend all day watching the computer. Are there traders out there who are achieving this or am I wasting my time?

I suppose that means you have not spend enough time to find out the right techique which suits yourself.

most of the time trading breakouts should be able to gain that 20 pip.

I am new to this site but I would proceed with caution. This is a difficult market and does not regularly hand out easy money. If you don't have the time to do the research you might not want to jump right in. On the other hand there are traders and money managers out there who can generate that sort of profit but once again do your research (get audited reports and trading history preferably from NFA members) there are a lot of scams out there. Good luck...

what about the 2 trillion most liquid market the greatest trending market, So much better then stock market. All the hoopla they tell you to get you to start in forex.

I love the FX market, but I agree with droesparky there is a lot of propaganda out there. Make sure you do some homework!

there is no strategy that give 100% return just because there are unpredictable events that can screw the market big time...

But if you find a strategy that give 90% then you can make a living of it...

Anyway, reading a lot is not a waste of time

I came to this site because there were supposed to be some comments regarding Protraderforex Conquest but I haven't found them.

I'm with Interbankfx and I use Metatrader 4.

Regards, Jay

Reason: