Realtime Indicators

Silly Newbie question....

Where are all the Realtime Indicators?????

For my proposed EA, I need the Indicators to be Live, not based on Open, or Close of Period, but bloody Live...

Example. A 1hr. LINE Chart will constantly update the Price Line. I want the Indicators to follow the 1hr. LINE chart and move in Realtime???

Is this possible? I found this on a Forum...

"that if you know the design of the indicator being referenced, and the order of the values declared within it, then the iCustom can call those values in real time for an EA's decisions".

Does this Site have Programmers for Hire??

trustdoc7@yahoo.com

What does it all mean?

Alan

All built-in indicators in metatrader already update in real-time. Indicators will constantly updates as soon as price changes. Make sure that you choose Close price not Open, High or Low. That is when you attach the indicator, the indicator settings window will show. If you see "Open", "High", or "Low" anywhere, change it to "Close".

Metatrader expert advisor normally evaluates the trading rules in real-time too. By default, it is so.

Thank You Scorpion, my connection must have been down....

I finally saw an Indicator move...

However, is there a way of seeing the movement of the Indicator within the last period of the Chart.

eg. If an hour chart is it possible to write the Indicator so it will show the changing Values as you pass the Mouse Cross Hairs over the Last Hour of the Chart???

It only shows Values for the Finish of Last Hour and where the current one's at. If you know what I mean.

I take it that the EA is updating in Realtime, but I can't see the gradula or otherwise movement???

Would actually prfer to use 4hr. Charts...

Alan

you're welcome mate. it's not possible to see intrabar movement. Only close point is shown. Just curious, why do you want to see the movement?

I want to see movement because it is such a Large TimeFrame.... 1 hr. or preferrably 4hrs Chart....

And I want my Strategy to be Traded by Indicator Values, not Price...

Just a thought, is it possible to set the Indicators to show Hourly Values in a Minute Chart? I tried by making the Input period much longer, but it was way off.....

Alan

There're multi-timeframe indicators, but they're not what you're looking for, because they show only the indicator value at the close of bar, not value at each min.

What you need to look for is maybe intrabar(?) indicators on 1M chart. But it doesn't exist. Maybe you should ask any mql4 guru to code these for you.

I see this is NOT easy....

Maybe MQ4 Programmers are rare as rockinghorse shit?

Anyway, I've got nothing to program yet?

See attached....

Problem I've got is that the Indicators don't show Realtime changes...

What are they showing? The Open and Close, and a straight bloody line for 4 hours....

If a EA is monitoring these Indicators in Realtime, how can I monitor IT?

Alan

Files:
Reason: