Need i_Trend expert for MT4 - page 3

gazuz:
I have moved away a bit from indicators and more into the mathematical thinking where I manage my money without needing to know if the price will go up or down.

I'm even more intrgued by your answer, than the iTrend system !

Am I correct in thinking that your system is a "hedging" one, perhaps straddling the market, somit doesnt matter whether the price rises or falls?

Would such a method therefore work with ANY market ? !

The problem with the idea of the Martingale by doubling when we lose is that with markets we have commission and spreads. The forex market is easier to calculate because 1 lot = $10/pip in the EUR/USD at least for me as a U.S. resident. A lot of work in looking back to old prices to find out how far it would go up without falling a certain amount of pips in order to secure the wins and staying positive even after all the spreads and interest that may gang up.

Hi All,

I am also of this opinion. Infact I noticed that the laguerre is a very good filter and we are able to catch every big moves with it. Though, it is slighly lagging. I am looking forward to find a hybrid version from Scorp soon

All the best in this endeavour.

SpecialFX:
I think one additional indicator would serve the automated i_Trend Cross EA very well.La Guerre, copy attached (mis-spelled i know ! !)Basically, this indicator would say "BUY if line crosses up through 0.15 / SELL if line crosses Down through 0.75"Therefore the EA would send an Order IF "i_Trend Cross" conditions AND "LaGuerre" conditions are met.Hope this is possible, as I suspect this would add a very useful filter to the iTrend Cross EA.

I have been backtesting this EA with 90% modelling quality on E/U with M5 TF. According to me, this EA is a perfect and steady loser.

Well... I am wondering about the result if we reverse/invert this EA Will the losses turn into profits? If that will be the case, then the reversed version would be a killer.

So, please Scorpion, see if you got time to fill this request please. I would like to test it.

Regards

bossxero:

Well... I am wondering about the result if we reverse/invert this EA Will the losses turn into profits? If that will be the case, then the reversed version would be a killer.

I thought exactly the same thing, and managed to reverse the logic conditions of a losing EA. i.e. BUY instead of Sell / Sell instead of Buy etc

However, the result was NO different.

This is is most confusing.

I am starting to lose faith in the possibility of EAs which are consistently profitable.

I guess only the big financial institution have such things, and they will have coat a lot of money to purchase or develop in-house.

Hope I'm proven wrong though

Hey SpecialFX,

Can I get a chance to test the inverted version please?

SpecialFX:
I thought exactly the same thing, and managed to reverse the logic conditions of a losing EA. i.e. BUY instead of Sell / Sell instead of Buy etcHowever, the result was NO different.This is is most confusing.I am starting to lose faith in the possibility of EAs which are consistently profitable.I guess only the big financial institution have such things, and they will have coat a lot of money to purchase or develop in-house.Hope I'm proven wrong though

Finally the backtest is over after 25hrs

Well, it was not a simple backtest though, I backtest the EA on Gbp/Usd M15 with 90% modelling quality for the period starting Jan 01 2007 till today and I got good results. Its the first time that I saw the EA curve going up consistently. See the graph and statement please. I have also attached the settings for the EA. Now, I think I will have to forward test it.

bossxero:
Hey SpecialFX,

Can I get a chance to test the inverted version please?

Hey Bossxero,

I'm really sorry but it was a while ago since i tested it, and i deleted it due to the very poor results.

To be honest, it probably wasn't worth seeing anyway, as I am not a programmer, and all i did was reverse buy command and sell commands.

I think all I did was replace the word "Buy" with "sell"

By the way, your i-Trend Cross equity curve looks great, that is a sight for sore eyes !

Did you modify the EA, because when I tested it (only on lower modelling quality though) it didnt perform well at all.

All the best.

I did not mod the EA at all, and backtested as is. Well, what I did was not just a simple backtesting but rather an optimization of the settings through the built-in MT4 backtester. If you read my earlier post about this EA, you will see that I called it a 'loser' because i was just backtesting at that time. But this time, I optimized the settings and indeed, it made a real effect on me too because its the first time that I saw this EA with an UPWARD curve

Anyway, forward testing should be done with these settings now.

SpecialFX:
Hey Bossxero,I'm really sorry but it was a while ago since i tested it, and i deleted it due to the very poor results. To be honest, it probably wasn't worth seeing anyway, as I am not a programmer, and all i did was reverse buy command and sell commands.I think all I did was replace the word "Buy" with "sell" By the way, your i-Trend Cross equity curve looks great, that is a sight for sore eyes !Did you modify the EA, because when I tested it (only on lower modelling quality though) it didnt perform well at all.All the best.

hi people,im a new guy n still a fresher in trading.i hope this forum will help in facilitating a profitable use of the indicators and info we have to share.thanks

Reason: