EMA 5 and 34 Cross Trading System

This is a very simple EA that goes long on the cross of the EMA 5

above the EMA 34 and goes short on the cross of the EMA 5 below the

EMA 34. Since the EMA 5 is very close to the current price it will

tend to catch the longer term moves. Also, I have noticed that the

EMA 5 cross of the EMA 34 approximates the CCI 50 cross of the zero line.

This is my first post of an EA to this forum. I have only tested it

for a short time so I have no results to publish. On another forum

a simple WMA Cross EA was published using the 5 and 20 moving averages

placing a limit order 20 pips away from the cross to filter whipsaws.

If the order was not filled within X number of bars it could be deleted.

User defined parameters are also something that need to be tested to

determine what is optimum. I currently have it set to the following

for a 30 minute chart: Lots 1.0; Stop Loss(S/L) 30;

Take Profit(T/P) 999; Trailing Stop(T/S) 30.

Your feedback is appreciated freshfx

Just checked it. Logics are ok.

On another forum a simple WMA Cross EA was published using the 5 and 20 moving averages placing a limit order 20 pips away from the cross to filter whipsaws. If the order was not filled within X number of bars it could be deleted.

That might be BunnyGirl's WMA cross system.

Hey freshfx how about use your system and the float indicator together? I think it work best, although float indicator got some of lag , but I think it can use as a trend direction detector , and use your system as double conform for entry . How all of you think

Good job. I looked at it on an hourly chart and it looks like it picked up most of the long trend from around aug 9 till aug 15. Will continue to test it on 4 hr and daily with modification to parameters.

This EA looks like it might have some potential. I will attach it to one of my accounts and test it. Thanks for a job well done freshfx ....Lee

mrpip:
Good job. I looked at it on an hourly chart and it looks like it picked up most of the long trend from around aug 9 till aug 15. Will continue to test it on 4 hr and daily with modification to parameters.

Don't forget to look further than whent the EMA's actually cross... That threw me off sometimes, EMA's crossing shouldn't be checked by eyesight.

Scorpion, you are right about my remarks referring to the Bunnygirl WMA cross system. I hope in the new release of the FXFisherman ZeroCode provision will be made for limit orders. Whipsaws can be costly and any method that can filter them out will add to the success of this EA. Limit orders are one way to filter whipsaws.

Cartoon, the Float indicator is amazing. How do you use it. I will continue to study this indicator to see how it can be used. Thanks for mentioning it.

Mr. Pip and Lee, thank you both for your encouraging remarks. Working together by testing, commenting on, and making suggestions for improvement we can help each other.

Gazuz, thank you for your careful observations and comments. I made a similar comment on another post in the thread Documented Flaw in Backtester sent to Metatrader.net Thanks again freshfx

This type of indicator work best in trending market , but if I’m right, it is useless in side way market , of course this is a major problem to all of us . Float indicator that motisi2 was talking about, it can indicate when the trend will start, and when it end. But the result will change some time . While the market is going side way, use the float indicator to give you some suggestion which way will be better . I have try it in demo account, it can filter about 70% of the side way market .

Hello there,

i downloaded the EA. tried to compile it but had plenty of errors:mad::mad:

What should i do?

Hi, I just tested this indicator and it looks great. There is one problem with it though.. It doesn't shift as the time passes.. any help?

freshfx:
This is a very simple EA that goes long on the cross of the EMA 5above the EMA 34 and goes short on the cross of the EMA 5 below the EMA 34. Since the EMA 5 is very close to the current price it will tend to catch the longer term moves. Also, I have noticed that theEMA 5 cross of the EMA 34 approximates the CCI 50 cross of the zero line. This is my first post of an EA to this forum. I have only tested itfor a short time so I have no results to publish. On another foruma simple WMA Cross EA was published using the 5 and 20 moving averagesplacing a limit order 20 pips away from the cross to filter whipsaws.If the order was not filled within X number of bars it could be deleted. User defined parameters are also something that need to be tested to determine what is optimum. I currently have it set to the following for a 30 minute chart: Lots 1.0; Stop Loss(S/L) 30; Take Profit(T/P) 999; Trailing Stop(T/S) 30. Your feedback is appreciated freshfx
Reason: