Discussion of article "How to Quickly Create an Expert Advisor for Automated Trading Championship 2010"

New article How to Quickly Create an Expert Advisor for Automated Trading Championship 2010 is published:

In order to develop an expert to participate in Automated Trading Championship 2010, let's use a template of ready expert advisor. Even novice MQL5 programmer will be capable of this task, because for your strategies the basic classes, functions, templates are already developed. It's enough to write a minimal amount of code to implement your trading idea.

Author: Андрей Корнишкин

Please give some sample code for folloe thr rules of Championship 2010.

It is not easy to code since using position, order, and deal to manage order in mql5, and some functions like ordertotal() not always work right.

for example, iinsdie Ontrade() function,   ordertotal()  always return  0 at test mode.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Running MQL5 Program Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Running MQL5 Program Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Where all the files go? I put them in" C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Experts " and try to compile them and compiler shows a bunch of errors...?!?

Although I've managed to write few indicators in MQL5 I dont like the way MQL is going... too complicated.

I'm on Win7 x64. I cant believe I  cant use already written code...!!!  

Read client terminal help (F1)

Hello, thanks for this article. 

A little question: at the beginning of the programm, it talks about the include "ExpertAdvisor.mqh".

When I tried to code this, it told me that this include does not exist.

Has there been a name change? or am I doing something wrong?

thanks in advance for your help.

Reason: