Programmer dishonesty

Hi traders.

I hired one of the best rated programmers to code a trend line break indicator. I paid him an agreed fee and he has yet to produce the finished product 1.5 months later. The agreed time was 15 day. Many extentions were given to him. Failed.

My question is, providing that he is one of the top 10 rated programmers and that the project is complex, should I arbitrate the project and give it to another top 10 programmer. Or would it just start over again? Given his experience, I would wonder whether another programmer would be the same.

Look forward to your assistance.

-Pa

You paid him ? Aren't you using Freelance section ? Then he is not paid until you close the job.

Why dishonesty ?

It can always happen a project is difficult to finish for all kind of reasons, programmers are just human being.

Talk to him.

Alain Verleyen:

You paid him ? Aren't you using Freelance section ? Then he is not paid until you close the job.

Why dishonesty ?

It can't always happen a project is difficult to finish for all kind of reasons, programmers are just human being.

Talk to him.

Hi Alain

My concern is that he is too proud to admit that the project is overly complex for him and keeps postponing the due date.

I will take your suggestion and try speak with him by telephone

The project is indeed a freelance job and has not been completed.

Thank you for your advice

Nathan Moss:
Hi Alain

My concern is that he is too proud to admit that the project is overly complex for him and keeps postponing the due date.

I will take your suggestion and try speak with him by telephone

The project is indeed a freelance job and has not been completed.

Thank you for your advice

in my humble opinion the main reason for such cases to arise is very low project price,

so at some stage the coder lost interest to this project...

i look at the prices clients suggests  from $20 to $40, sometimes to $100-200...

is it the actual price to work for ?

Denis Sartakov:

in my humble opinion the main reason for such cases to arise is very low project price,

so at some stage the coder lost interest to this project...

i look at the prices clients suggests  from $20 to $40, sometimes to $100-200...

is it the actual price to work for ?

Hi Denis

This is not the case because the programmer was rewarded handsomely. I get your point though
Reason: