Please can anyone help me in 2 very simple question (for those who use MT4
but not for others)?
I am testing an EA. It is not in strategy tester but a version that runs normally in demo account. I put it in the chart, auto trading is setted, Launch
the EA smiling face appears and it runs. Ok. Then I pass in another chart. Then
I return on the first chart (where EA was activated) and
smiling face is no more present!!!!! but it is running because insert orders
(whil smiling face is absent). Is it a correct functioning or is there any
problem (in EA or in MT4)? How can I understand if EA is running or not, if the face disappear?
Second question. When I see open positions I see 1 line for every position.
So, in example, if I opened 12 positions I see 12 lines but it doesn’t add all
positionos with an unic number. If I want to know my exposition I have
to count the lines!!!!!! It is absurd….. !!!! How can I have directly the
number of all positions opened in 1 instrument?
1. It should show the smiling face. Otherwise, there is a problem. What build are you using ???-
2. MT4 is based only in hedging mode (an independent position for each order executed). If you want netting mode (only an unique position for each symbol) you could use MT5. In MT5 there are available accounts based in both systems. In MT4 the only thing you can see natively is "Exposure" Tab (inside ToolBox).
Thanks for your answer.
1. I am using MT4 version 4.00 buil 1065. Do you canfirm that, in general,
an EA (a generic EA) works only when smiling face appears?
2. The problem is not hedging. I have 12 positions ALL LONG but with different
sizes. The MT4 doesn't add all positions and sizes, so I have to count lines and size, one
by one, and so I can wrong and become
blind. Is there a functions that add all positions when they are of the same
type (all long)?
1. Yes. Today is released build 1080. It fixed that bug about EAs. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/192194
2. No, natively you only can see "Exposure" Tab (inside ToolBox). You can buy or code an EA or indicator to show the information like you want.