when does a buyStopLimit order will be sent to the server? when a new trade(buy/sell) action occurs?

when does a buyStopLimit order will be sent to the server? when a new trade(buy/sell) action occurs? or when a new request is detected without the need to buy/sell occurance in the market?

I mean without coding. I mean the kind of order that we place manually. 

sd2000sd:

when does a buyStopLimit order will be sent to the server? when a new trade(buy/sell) action occurs? or when a new request is detected without the need to buy/sell occurance in the market?

I mean without coding. I mean the kind of order that we place manually. 

please call me by my mobile i send it to you by pm.

i will explain to you all type of order.

:-)

TIMisthebest:

please call me by my mobile i send it to you by pm.

i will explain to you all type of order.

:-)

And why not explain that here ? Some people can be interested.

angevoyageur:

hi; angevoyageur:

he posted several in tody, i was thinking i can help him in basic ; ( with speak our language " persian ", it's more easy for me ; he is like me iranian

and my english is not so good  ;-) .

TIMisthebest:

hi; angevoyageur:

he posted several in tody, i was thinking i can help him in basic ; ( with speak our language " persian ", it's more easy for me ; he is like me iranian

Ok, thank you for your explanation.

I am not familiar with stock market. But it seems he is trying to place a pending order when market is closed.

angevoyageur:

I am not familiar with stock market. But it seems he is trying to place a pending order when market is closed.

yes, I want to do that.

angevoyageur:

yes i explain to him by pm , about pending order ;

and it is possible : when market is clossed ( stock ) we can set pending manually or modified them, but by expert we can not; 

---

i wrote an expert and i use " void onthick() ".

let me explain my question:

when I set  a buyStopLimit order in MT5, and I do it when the market is closed.

I set these info:

Type: buy stop limit

Volume: 1000

Price: 3000

StopLimit Price:  4000

Stop Loss: 3000

Take profit: 0

Expiration: GTC

my question is this: when exactly will this pending order will be sent to the server? 1-the moment the market opens?(by knowing that it has already reached that 3000 price in the last day.) or 2- it depends on the depth of market changes?(when the Ask price reaches 3000? ) or 3- it depends on the real buy/sell actions that take place(when a real trade of buy-sell takes place in 3000 price?)?

angevoyageur:
:) ur right

Elliott_Trader:
:) ur right

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

when does a buyStopLimit order will be sent to the server? when a new trade(buy/sell) action occurs?

TIMisthebest, 2014.01.30 11:17

hi; angevoyageur:

i explain to him some, by pm; then i write this here.

sd2000sd:

let me explain my question:

when I set  a buyStopLimit order in MT5, and I do it when the market is closed.

I set these info:

Type: buy stop limit

Volume: 1000

Price: 3000

StopLimit Price:  4000

Stop Loss: 3000

Take profit: 0

Expiration: GTC

my question is this: when exactly will this pending order will be sent to the server? 1-the moment the market opens?(by knowing that it has already reached that 3000 price in the last day.) or 2- it depends on the depth of market changes?(when the Ask price reaches 3000? ) or 3- it depends on the real buy/sell actions that take place(when a real trade of buy-sell takes place in 3000 price?)?

The pending order is sent to the server immediately. The triggering of the pending order is done when last price reaches the pending order price.

But what I can see is that your buy stoplimit order doesn't make sense. You want to place this order at 3000. When price reaches 3000, a buy limit order will be placed at 4000. But by placing a buy limit order above the market price, this buy limit will be triggered almost immediately. See documentation https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/trading/general_concept

Reason: