Forex Tsd Contest! - page 2

Salam forexts!

It's very good idea and I think it'll improve the forum very much!

For instance: any porgrammer can say proudly "My Expert Advisor is one of The 3 Forex-tsd Top Robots"

I just want to know when we have to post or EA(s)?

codersguru:
THAT'S GREAT! !

I have few questions:

1- How many EAs the contestant can post/use?

2- Are the pips calculated for the sum of currencies the EA works with or only one pair?

3- All the members (at least the Elite members) can view the source code? I hope so because the programmers win money and the users win knowledge!

Thanks again for the great idea!

Any answer out there?

codersguru:
Any answer out there?

I do not think that we will have many EAs. Because EAs should be tested at least one week before.

I think the pips will be calculated per pair (each pair).

Rule 12 - Please post only systems with at least a week of forward testing profitable

codersguru:

1- How many EAs the contestant can post/use?

All what you can. You can win 1, 2 and 3 prizes with different EAs.

codersguru:

3- All the members (at least the Elite members) can view the source code? I hope so because the programmers win money and the users win knowledge!

Yes: At least elite members will get source code (they are paying the prize of the winners).

Also we allow author to publish where he wants (we don't limit that).

Also you can post for contest, EAs already published in other forums or here.

Best regards.

Mohammed:
Salam forexts!

It's very good idea and I think it'll improve the forum very much!

For instance: any porgrammer can say proudly "My Expert Advisor is one of The 3 Forex-tsd Top Robots"

I just want to know when we have to post or EA(s)?

Salam Mohammed

You should post all Eas you want as soon as possible.

Best regards.

Which broker will be used?

North Finance, Alpari, Interbank, MIG, etc.?

I think the best is that every trader choose the best broker for their Expert Advisor.

zuhainis:
Which broker will be used? North Finance, Alpari, Interbank, MIG, etc.?

it is not yet clear how will you determine the winner.

you must define some rules for this.

for example - mostly experts work only on one currency pair and fixed lot size.

i have the expert which trades many pairs at once (can have multiple opened positions) and with variable lot sizes - this is important part of the system. as well money management rules can also be in some experts an important detail.

so my suggestion is simple - all experts start with equal balance - $5000, choose winner by the greatest equity at the end of contest period.

bad point in this case is that some experts may disregard safe money management rules (e.g. risk entire balance) and by being lucky get bigger profit. maybe you can set also the rule to limit cumulative opened position to 20% of balance or so.

Beluck:
it is not yet clear how will you determine the winner.

you must define some rules for this.

for example - mostly experts work only on one currency pair and fixed lot size.

i have the expert which trades many pairs at once (can have multiple opened positions) and with variable lot sizes - this is important part of the system. as well money management rules can also be in some experts an important detail.

so my suggestion is simple - all experts start with equal balance - $5000, choose winner by the greatest equity at the end of contest period.

bad point in this case is that some experts may disregard safe money management rules (e.g. risk entire balance) and by being lucky get bigger profit. maybe you can set also the rule to limit cumulative opened position to 20% of balance or so.

I have suggestion also.

We may have winners for each pair in pips. Because MM may be included in EA if it is profitable.

And we may have winners for the EAs according to the rules which you suggested.

Because all the EAs are the different. As I know there are some EAs (on this forum as well) which were created especially to have more than 20% of cumulative opened position balance (and some of them are profitable because of that also). And some EAs were programed without any MM and having the permanent lot size and it was programmed like this (some your profitable EAs for example).

Because some EAs were coded to be a trading system with some philosophy and great trading idea.

The other EAs were programmed just to have some profit and do not have great trading idea but may be very profitable as well.

And as I know some good EAs will not work in this condition (20% and MM).

So it is possible to split the EAs according to the pips/risks/MM and it may be different rules for the different EAs.

But we should have large selection of EAs for contest to do that.

Personally I am not programmer so I also want to see good EAs as well.

For example it may be different nominations/categories: pips for each pair, the other nomination may be the risk (for profitable EAs), MM etc.

It means 1st, second and 3rd place for "pips-for-each-pair" nomination; 1st, second the 3rd place for "risk" nomination (for profitable EAs) and for MM.

In this case we will split the prize but the members will have a good choise.

yes, limiting a risk is not a good rule, but calculating pips only is also not good.

other good suggestion I think is to use IBFX rules: http://www.interbankfx.com/ContestRules.php

the winner is defined by percentage increase of equity.

this will allow to compete also longer term strategies as they can stay flat for one month and next month get some descent results.

and you also can make a super prize for the yearly winner.

as for experts with fixed lot size - I think it is not that hard for programmer to modify expert to use simple MM, if he wants to be competetive.

Reason: