MetaQuotes abandons MT4, turns entirely to MT5 trading platform - page 4

Pava:
looks like Swiss Cheese...w/holes in it
Swiss cheese is gooood... mt5 is noooot

may be move to MT6 will solve the "dilemna"...

I hope so, because some brokers have already decided to start adding MT5 to their services. Sooner or later they'd all have to do it, once MT4 becomes too unstable to use due to lack of updates.

There is not such a big difference between both. With few modifications all indicators could work there too.
We have to be open for the new technologies. The world is not gonna stop the development

mlawson71:
I hope so, because some brokers have already decided to start adding MT5 to their services. Sooner or later they'd all have to do it, once MT4 becomes too unstable to use due to lack of updates.
Might someday later all broker will using mt5 if mt4 not used and not developed, and as trader also they want or not will change and move to mt5 if mt4 no longer available, although might still so many trader choose mt4 as default platform

You are right mlawson71 ,soon all will have to switch to MT5 because it will replace the MT4 terminal as MetaQuotes will stop supporting MT4 platform. Despite the fact I like MT4 so much, agree with LazarR as well, we should be open for new opportunities. I believe that the change is for good so I expect my broker to launch the new trading software soon so I can test it and share my impressions.

bonifaas_abe:
You are right mlawson71 ,soon all will have to switch to MT5 because it will replace the MT4 terminal as MetaQuotes will stop supporting MT4 platform. Despite the fact I like MT4 so much, agree with LazarR as well, we should be open for new opportunities. I believe that the change is for good so I expect my broker to launch the new trading software soon so I can test it and share my impressions.
Stopping the development does not mean stopping the support.

Ovo:
Stopping the development does not mean stopping the support.

Greeting,

This is correct. Metaquotes may stop further updates for MT4, but so many brokers already have bought MT4 servers and they need to pay for support on monthly base a lot of money. I believe Metaquotes will not miss to keep taking them. This is one of the points.

The other is that we, as clients needs to pass from MT4 to MT5 and this will be  long process :)

Reason: