MetaQuotes abandons MT4, turns entirely to MT5 trading platform - page 3

mladen:

Did you use other broker before switching to Swissquote?

Since, as far as I see, they do not have some of the symbols that you are using on carts

I have been with Swissquote for years; but 1 year using mt4. All my charts are based on the symbols I find in their list, including their "exotic" list. As per the picture, the expert tells me invalid ex5 files which is not true...these same files are valid on some time frames. The  journal indicates "memory exception"... whatever that means...

dabiel6:

I have been with Swissquote for years; but 1 year using mt4. All my charts are based on the symbols I find in their list, including their "exotic" list. As per the picture, the expert tells me invalid ex5 files which is not true...these same files are valid on some time frames. The  journal indicates "memory exception"... whatever that means...

Let me guess : your mt5 got upgraded recently?

Roll back the upgrade or download the mt5 from metaquotes and install it again at the same place

mladen:

Let me guess : your mt5 got upgraded recently?

Roll back the upgrade or download the mt5 from metaquotes and install it again at the same place

Thank you mladen. It is indeed the latest build. Where can I find previous builds? I usually go to the metaquotes site and download using the download button (which would be the latest). Is there an archive of old files?

And just to add, this is a fresh install. Did it yesterday. 

BTW, I am using it as a portable install; i.e. install it as usual using the setup.exe file, and then copy the AppData/Roaming files onto my c drive.... Then start it with a batch file containing the line "start terminal.exe /portable  /skipupdate". I have been using this setup with mt4 without any problems.

Let me try
Files:
MetaTrader 5.zip  39025 kb

mladen:
Let me try
Here are all the indicators I use.
Files:

dabiel6:
Here are all the indicators I use.
Unpack the file I sent (overwrite the existing files) and try then

mladen:
Unpack the file I sent (overwrite the existing files) and try then

Same thing mladen. Your build is 1467, mine is 1455... Yours is from Nov. 9th, and mine from Oct. 14...

dabiel6:

Same thing mladen. Your build is 1467, mine is 1455... Yours is from Nov. 9th, and mine from Oct. 14...

At the moment Swissquote server is not working (at least that is what I am getting as a message), You shall have to wait for it to go online

mladen:
At the moment Swissquote server is not working (at least that is what I am getting as a message), You shall have to wait for it to go online

Got it. They should resume trading at 23:00 CET.

Here is my setup. It will great if you could reproduce it but with at least 5-6 charts in the same profile and see if you get the same issues. Maybe it is the indicators after all...

dabiel6:

Got it. They should resume trading at 23:00 CET.

Here is my setup. It will great if you could reproduce it but with at least 5-6 charts in the same profile and see if you get the same issues. Maybe it is the indicators after all...

looks like Swiss Cheese...w/holes in it
Reason: