MT4 or MT5 which one do you prefer - page 6

MT5 is horrible , expensive and un necessary .

if metaquotes force people ,  they will lose clients 

they should focus on MT6 

mwambaFX:

they should focus on MT6 

Expensive? What are you talking about

Btw: you are not metaquotes client. Brokers are

Afro-head:
I don't use any of them, I like to trade manually, and I don't like to depend on some bots as it is always better to trade manually.
So you are trading without any terminal? That I would like to see ...

mwambaFX:

they should focus on MT6 

What expenses exactly do you have?

techmac:
What expenses exactly do you have?

He does not

He was making noise

MT4. If Metaquote ditches mt4, i would rather move to TradingView instead of MT5. I am not gonna be f*** up again when they ditch MT5 in favor of MT6 in the future. 

heispark:
MT4. If Metaquote ditches mt4, i would rather move to TradingView instead of MT5. I am not gonna be f*** up again when they ditch MT5 in favor of MT6 in the future. 

And what are you going to get using TradingView?

Come on guys - get serious

Greetings,
I have been working a lot with MT4 and , I have downloaded MT5 just to look around. Now from what I have seen, there are a lot of improvements, but for some who is also trading on news, the best thing that they have created is the Economic Calendar, which is auto updating, and is also pointing news in the Chart – very useful for Fundamental trading. Now in terms of automated trading, I know for a fact that EA’s and Indicators that are used in MT4 ( written on MQL 4 ) cannot be used in MT5 because the program language is MQL 5. As far as I know there are still no code converters that can rewrite MQL 4 code to MQL 5 code. There is an attempt - https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/11923-mt4-to-mt5-code-converter , but as far as I understood it is missing some rows, thus you have to manually fixed them. Other than this problem I think MT5 is very good product.

Well my Broker is not offering MT5 yet, it is about to come. And respectively I didn’t use it jet, so I can’t really compare them. As far as I see there are traders that are liking it and other that don’t.
For now I do like MT4 1010 it suits all my EA.

It is build 1030 for mt4. Anybody else got the upgrade?
Reason: