Ranging market indicators

1)look for trending markets

2)look for slopes , up or down channels and trend lines

3)Look at stochastics on 1 hour to be trending higher or lower to confirm.Readings mid range on indicator are ranging indications.

4)draw range boxes or ranging triangles. keep out of ranging markets/ranging boxes

5)look for lwma 8 /30 crosses on 15 min and 30 min, sloping moving averages

6)look at major support and resistance areas.flat areas between support and resistance are ranging areas

7)sloping lwma 120 and 240 on 30 minutes acts as a good trend filter

attached overnight ranging box indicator , mtf support and resistance

You can convert overnight ranging box to ranging box on daily charts

most money is lost in ranging markets

Here is one more indicator to avoid ranging areas or potential ranging areas

]Sorting A Table of A Currency Heat Map - MQL4 forum

These are the indicators on my chart , all of them are freely available on internet.These are my templates.It will help you see areas to avoid , is the ranging boxes.

Files:
indys.jpg  146 kb

The dangers of ranging /choppy markets

stepma (nice steps no range), gradient heat map( strength) , asian box , gigi's all how areas to avoid

Files:
asianbox.mq4  18 kb
stepma.jpg  74 kb
stepma_v7.mq4  7 kb
heatmap_mtf.mq4  10 kb

Rajken:
stepma (nice steps no range), gradient heat map( strength) , asian box , gigi's all how areas to avoid

Heatmap_MTF.mq4 doesn't seem to show up on mt4 :/

justin7:
Heatmap_MTF.mq4 doesn't seem to show up on mt4 :/

may require more power ram etc

heatmap says when market is ranging , grey circles

Files:
mhm_ranging.jpg  314 kb

Reference to HEATMAP MTF indi _

Sometimes when these mq4 folders do not load it needs the exe file as well - perhaps if that were posted the indicator may have a better chance of loading.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Reference to HEATMAP MTF indi _

Sometimes when these mq4 folders do not load it needs the exe file as well - perhaps if that were posted the indicator may have a better chance of loading.

TEAMTRADER

It needed to be updated to work on new mt4 builds. If memory serves me right it was updated already, but just in case this is a version that works on the new mt4 builds.

Files:

Thanks Mr Tools,

Do you know the basis of the calculation for the heatmap results? EG, ema cross, cci, stochs etc etc.

Is it possible to extend the pairs or is it restricted to the one's shown?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

mrtools:
It needed to be updated to work on new mt4 builds. If memory serves me right it was updated already, but just in case this is a version that works on the new mt4 builds.

Just remove all different time frames , it is too confusing , just make one average reading , based on higher time frames

Reason: