Time based Renko/Volume/tick chart - page 4

If someone wants to compare the Ninja version to the MT4 indicator, here is the file to play with:

renkohybridbar.ex4

All in all, I am still sceptical about the chart potential to bring the trader any advantage.

Files:

Ovo:
If someone wants to compare the Ninja version to the MT4 indicator, here is the file to play with:

renkohybridbar.ex4

All in all, I am still sceptical about the chart potential to bring the trader any advantage.

Milan i guess that the costruction of the ninja version is different from yours. Actually is difficult to take some advantage from the chart that i tried from your plug-in. I tried different combinations and nothing seems to work as i expected.

PS: thanks for the email, i try the new completed version.

thefxpros:
Milan i guess that the costruction of the ninja version is different from yours. Actually is difficult to take some advantage from the chart that i tried from your plug-in. I tried different combinations and nothing seems to work as i expected. PS: thanks for the email, i try the new completed version.

Ok, try if you can. I do not insist that they are the same, if you spot any difference, post it.

Ovo:
Ok, try if you can. I do not insist that they are the same, if you spot any difference, post it.

We should ask to dagoods if he can make a comparison. He has the ninja version too, not me.

But from the picture...your chart doesn't have these candles with different body lenght, so this suggest me that the costruction is different, how...i don't know unfortunately...dagoods doesn't want to share some pictures here, the ninja indicator's owner is not, rightly, so much collaborative to share his formula...

Files:
cattura_1.jpg  38 kb

thefxpros:
We should ask to dagoods if he can make a comparison. He has the ninja version too, not me.

But from the picture...your chart doesn't have these candles with different body lenght, so this suggest me that the costruction is different, how...i don't know unfortunately...dagoods doesn't want to share some pictures here, the ninja indicator's owner is not, rightly, so much collaborative to share his formula...

If the reversal candle open is the only difference, then I am satisfied. Actually, the open price is just matter of convention, rather than part of the formula.

I edited their picture to show what is wrong with this type of chart.

I marked candles, that according to my best guess are only paddings. They render immediately after the time/volume limit has been reached. In other words, they never happened, they are just fillings between the candles with wicks.

Files:
hrenkoorig.png  107 kb

Ovo:
I edited their picture to show what is wrong with this type of chart.

I marked candles, that according to my best guess are only paddings. They render immediately after the time/volume limit has been reached. In other words, they never happened, they are just fillings between the candles with wicks.

Why you think this is the wrong? i think this is the good of this chart type.

Could you make it in this way? Maybe with a true/false option in the indicator properties.

thefxpros:
Why you think this is the wrong? i think this is the good of this chart type. Could you make it in this way? Maybe with a true/false option in the indicator properties.

I did it this way, not sure what other option you had in mind.

Ovo:
I did it this way, not sure what other option you had in mind.

Sorry, i missed to quote the right message. i meant the reversal candle.

thefxpros:
Sorry, i missed to quote the right message. i meant the reversal candle.

Oh, I see. But it is not issue. Original Renko has it defined as bricks, so I keep it. It makes no difference in strategies.

Reason: