Multi-Timeframe Backtest XO 4TF score

Hi everbody,

I got a nice Multi-Timeframe-Indicator (file as attachement), but can't backtest it in visual mode. Here are my steps:

1) Downloading data for all timeframes with Tickstory Lite

2) Export the date to MT4

3) Start a Backtest (e.g. M5)

4) Add the indicator

The problem is apparently, that not all timeframes be used.

Hope somebody can help me Thank you!

Files:
mt2.png  11 kb
mt1.png  10 kb
mt3.png  10 kb

shaze:
Hi everbody,

I got a nice Multi-Timeframe-Indicator (file as attachement), but can't backtest it in visual mode. Here are my steps:

1) Downloading data for all timeframes with Tickstory Lite

2) Export the date to MT4

3) Start a Backtest (e.g. M5)

4) Add the indicator

The problem is apparently, that not all timeframes be used.

Hope somebody can help me Thank you!

shaze

No way to correct that

That is a bug in the newest mt and they never corrected it. You can do whatever you want with the multi time frame portion of the indicator but it will not work correctly when used in visual back test

mladen:
shaze

No way to correct that

That is a bug in the newest mt and they never corrected it. You can do whatever you want with the multi time frame portion of the indicator but it will not work correctly when used in visual back test

Hi mladen, thank you for your quick response. In this case, I have a little workaround for the usual history (not the visual test). I use the indicator "XO - mtf & alerts nmc 1.01" with 4 single timeframes one after the other. The only problem is, that the indicator "repaint" it's own period (e.g. 15 for M15 in M1-Chart).

Is there a way to solve it?

Files:

shaze:
Hi mladen, thank you for your quick response. In this case, I have a little workaround for the usual history (not the visual test). I use the indicator "XO - mtf & alerts nmc 1.01" with 4 single timeframes one after the other. The only problem is, that the indicator "repaint" it's own period (e.g. 15 for M15 in M1-Chart). Is there a way to solve it?

shaze

That is how it should work (it has to update all the bars belonging to to higher time frame bar, or else it would repaint). There were some workarounds, but those are very limited in the way they can use and are actually aproximations - so better to use a "classical" multi time frame processing

Reason: