Backtest with MT4

Hello friends,

I want to share with you a problem that I have with MT4:

As I do a BACKTEST to an EA, It goes very very slowly. I want to add that this EA has 3,700 code lines...

I do the backtest without a visual view.

Is somebody can tell me how I can make it faster.

Thank you all,

Y.

crossy:

Hello friends,

I want to share with you a problem that I have with MT4:

As I do a BACKTEST to an EA, It goes very very slowly. I want to add that this EA has 3,700 code lines...

I do the backtest without a visual view.

Is somebody can tell me how I can make it faster.

Thank you, all

Y.

maybe not everything you do is needed every tick...

I know that there is some possibilities how to do the backtest, but

why the procces of the BT is very slowly...?

Y.

crossy:

Y.

You don't tell what your EA is doing and how it is doing the several steps then how can we tell you what you can do to make it doing backtesting faster...

some things aren't needed to do in backtest if you do the backtest without a visual view. maybe you use objects you don't need on chart

maybe you modify every point while it is good enough to do it every pip... or you place comment not needed to place in backtesting...

...... you only know what can be done if you don't share anything we only can give hints

going with a loop through your trades if you do it a view times every tick then it slows your EA....

Just think, take a walk, and it can be so, you get another idea to test it out..

crossy:

Get a faster PC.

RaptorUK:
Get a faster PC.

Raptor, The PC high quit strong!.

The problem is that the BT process does 1 hour any 5 minute. This is very very slow, and

I think that it does not matter what the EA does (deVeirs).

Y

crossy:

Raptor, The PC high quit strong!.

The problem is that the BT process does 1 hour any 5 minute. This is very very slow, and

I think that it does not matter what the EA does (deVeirs).

Y

I have an EA that will run through 3 years of data in a few minutes. It does matter what your EA does . . . the speed at which the ST runs is governed by the complexity of your EA and by the data you are using, the tick volume of your original data governs how many ticks the ST will make when generating the fxt file, the more ticks the slower the ST runs.
Reason: