Volume on Price chart

Hello:

Anyone know how you can enter the Tick Volume on the price chart. The usual thing is that it is always in a separate window. Is there an indicator that performs this function? Thank you

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
  • www.mql5.com
Price Constants - Indicator Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

festeve:
Hola: Alguien sabe como se puede introducir el Tick Volume en el grafico del precio. Lo habitual es que siempre este en ventana separada. ¿Existe algún indicador que realice esta función?.Gracias

Right click on the chart, and check the show volumes

Files:
volumes.gif  20 kb

Hi.

Sorry, I have explained myself wrong in the previous post. In the image TSD1 is the volume in a separate price window.

In TSD image 2, the volume is within the price chart.

My interest is to get the TSD 2 image in Meta trader 4.

Thank you

Files:
tsd_1.jpg  309 kb
tsd_2.jpg  876 kb

festeve:

Hi.

Sorry, I have explained myself wrong in the previous post. In the image TSD1 is the volume in a separate price window.

In TSD image 2, the volume is within the price chart.

My interest is to get the TSD 2 image in Meta trader 4.

Thank you

Yes, that is what yo are going to get if you check the show volumes

Press F8 and in the properties do like on the picture :

Documentation on MQL5: Language Basics / Preprocessor / Program Properties (#property)
Documentation on MQL5: Language Basics / Preprocessor / Program Properties (#property)
  • www.mql5.com
Program Properties (#property) - Preprocessor - Language Basics - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Files:
volumes_1.gif  87 kb

Gracias MIaden.

Hi

Volumes do not work in OTC markets...

csc2009:
Hi Volumes do not work in OTC markets...

It depends on broker, but metatrader was never able to show real volumes. They are introducing now something that is called a "real volume" but so far, it was always showing zero value (in new metatatrader 4 as well as in metatarder 5)

mladen:
It depends on broker, but metatrader was never able to show real volumes.

It doesn't, and can't, depend on broker. OTC means that there is not a single venue where all trades are done. As such a broker can only show you the volume on his books and not for the whole market.

csc2009:
It doesn't, and can't, depend on broker. OTC means that there is not a single venue where all trades are done. As such a broker can only show you the volume on his books and not for the whole market.

That is another thing metatrader never could do - OTC trading is not something on its menu (since OTC trading never actually needed a third party as an intermediate) and frankly I do not believe that OTC trading will use any trading platform for closing the deal (except if you really want to give a provision to someone - like these guys for example OTC Markets Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia but, they are working using a classical quotation system - volumes included Quotes and Investor Information for OTCQX, OTCQB, OTC Pink and other OTC Stocks)

mladen

Is there a volume profile indicator in metatrader?

How can I get the volume that shows at bottom of chart to leftside or rightside vertical axis of chart?

please help

thanks in advance

ford7k:
mladen

Is there a volume profile indicator in metatrader?

How can I get the volume that shows at bottom of chart to leftside or rightside vertical axis of chart?

please help

thanks in advance

ford7k

as far as displaying volume like the (a pure volume) I did not see such an indicator so far (that the tick volumes are displayed either on the left or the right side of the chart). It is probably because volume is bound to time, and on vertical scale you would lose that

Reason: