REQ HA Offline Chart - page 20

mladen:

sebastianK

You might check this one now : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183208/page13

Yes, I saw it. Thanks

It would be interesting to have a real renko ha chart, so that sideway moves are not shown until price moves x pips. Is the only advantage now, that the indicators work with the ha values instead of normal values or what is the difference if i add a similar ha indi on a normal chart?

It would really help to see real highs and lows as wicks, I mean, all bands indicators are dependent on real lows/highs. HA smoothed offline averages 2.2.ex4 does not show the exact highs and lows. It looks great, but it is an artificial time based chart. Many traders want to put sl to the last low without watching other charts.

I searched, but could only find old threads. Can someone post a heikin ashi indicator with averages similar like in the

HA smoothed offline averages 2.2.ex4 for ONLINE charts?

Really interesting concept, which is already used on real renko in a more simplier renkobuilder in this commcercial indicator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUKY8tA568

But I have problems with your indicators. My introducing broker lets me trade only on values with names like "eursd.." In history folder it is: EURUSD..n5.hst . In this environment both indicators do not create any M10 chart. The charts of my median renko, I bought, had the same problem. The creator changed all his renko indicators for me. Now they are even faster. He said: "The problem was indeed related to the ".." in the symbol name. The standard MQL API does not know how to cope with two dots in the file name.

Don't know why that is??? I recoded the indicator so it now uses the native Windows file management API. That is probably why the file is smaller as the MQL file management functions are no longer needed. Nothing else has been changed."

It's not possible to get an demo account on this broker as he stopped working with that white label broker. I tried both indicators on another broker and I had no problem. I trade for 20 years now, please don't think that I setup something wrong. But please, do not rewrite whole code just because of this.

Another MORE IMPORTANT easy to impliment (?) wish would be:

In volatile times, some PCs may slow down a lot. This median renko copes with that situation by an option to draw new bars only every x milliseconds. When entering a trade, you can watch the tick chart, but for 99 % of the rest of the time, mt4 will run much faster.

Is it possible to add both to HA smoothed offline averages 2.2.ex4 and maybe, but not so important for ha double smoothed offline averages.ex4?

Thanks.

Just a few words (more a comment than anything else)

• The heiken ashi offline was meant to generate heiken ashi offline chart - nothing more or nothing less and nothing else. It was never meant (and it was never claimed) that it is intended to be used as regular chart. That is and will remain a way how smoothed heiken ashi data can be used as offline chart and how, then, that offline data can be used from some other code
  • There is nothing that needs to be changed regarding the high volatility load. The code calculates only the changed bars, which means that even in the times of high volatility it calculates only 1 changed bar - introducing a timer would not lessen the load (which is as minimal as it can get) but would only introduce lag that does not need to be there at all
  • Combining "real high and lows" is not possible (not just because that would change artificially the values of what needs to be there, but because the "real" high and low would be set out of the bounds of the remaining two ha values in that case, and then the offline data would be worthless if mt would allow that type of data to be written to the file, but, if someone tries to write that kind of data to a hst file it will discover that it does not allow and that a load of "wrong data in history file" errors would be generated in those cases)
  • Using native windows API in cases of hst files is meaningless - does not add anything since the native windows API for file handling functions is already used in cases when file functions are used in mql (and they work exactly like low level file function - including the usage of file handles, like all low level file handling functions)
  • I do not understand the "only advantage" question. What else should be there?

As of what some broker allows or not : sorry, but that is an issue to be resolved with the broker

friend4you:

I searched, but could only find old threads. Can someone post a heikin ashi indicator with averages similar like in the

HA smoothed offline averages 2.2.ex4 for ONLINE charts?

Hi friend4you

Did you tried "averages - 4 price trends 2_6" with a lot of options , one of MLADENs best alternative to HA offline Averages.

regards

dasio:

Hi,

it is possible to create and indicator like renko using the Heiken Ashi Bars?

Referring to the first post, I asked for a similar version as renko as the topic starter may like also. With time dependend charts, there will be less cpu consumption unless you use it on several charts on 1 min.

The problem with instruments with ".." in the name, is a real problem also on many strength indicators and which broker changes things because of some indicators of few users? Most users just use standard mt4 build-in indicators.

Thanks for the online indicator.

I know how heikin ashi charts work, but the coders of this ha offline indicator could be a little more open to the real highs and lows. No *.hst would mind different highs and lows, I don't know why it should not work, mladen. Now the charts look beautiful, but the online indicator or an atr-band would have a similar look despite that all indicators work on these unreal highs and lows. The low of heikin ashi is the middle of the last bar on an uptrend. This just makes indicators slower.

Would it be so bad to look just on one chart to trade from, if the beauty would not change?

What do you think?

friend4you:

Referring to the first post, I asked for a similar version as renko as the topic starter may like also. With time dependend charts, there will be less cpu consumption unless you use it on several charts on 1 min.

The problem with instruments with ".." in the name, is a real problem also on many strength indicators and which broker changes things because of some indicators of few users? Most users just use standard mt4 build-in indicators.

Thanks for the online indicator.

I know how heikin ashi charts work, but the coders of this ha offline indicator could be a little more open to the real highs and lows. No *.hst would mind different highs and lows, I don't know why it should not work, mladen. Now the charts look beautiful, but the online indicator or an atr-band would have a similar look despite that all indicators work on these unreal highs and lows. The low of heikin ashi is the middle of the last bar on an uptrend. This just makes indicators slower.

Would it be so bad to look just on one chart to trade from, if the beauty would not change?

What do you think?

Good example why that can not be done is the picture posted by mntiwana in the previous post (where it is clear that in, depending on average settings, a great % of ha smoothed values does not fit in the high to low range)

And what about:

friend4you:

And what about:

That would not change anything

HA offline charts are calculating (and updating) 2-3 bars 99.9999% of time. There is no way to make it less CPU intensive and to have it a non-lagging and non-repainting

Reason: