Universal Ma of Averages Ea

This is the old Universal Ma Cross Ea this version now can use any of the 17 different average, also this version is using a break even function if you want,and with a lock in pips, by default the lock in is set to 6 pips, to maybe help to stay under your brokers radar, and also by default the break even is set to 30 pips, every thing else is the same, with the EA being able to work on Ecn and extra digit brokers.

The averages indicator needs to be in your experts/indicators folder.

The list of the averages used for the fast,slow and third average include:::::

extern string _0 = "SMA";

extern string _1 = "EMA";

extern string _2 = "Double smoothed EMA";

extern string _3 = "Double EMA";

extern string _4 = "Triple EMA";

extern string _5 = "Smoothed MA";

extern string _6 = "Linear weighted MA";

extern string _7 = "Parabolic weighted MA";

extern string _8 = "Alexander MA";

extern string _9 = "Volume weghted MA";

extern string _10 = "Hull MA";

extern string _11 = "Triangular MA";

extern string _12 = "Sine weighted MA";

extern string _13 = "Liner regression";

extern string _14 = "IE/2";

extern string _15 = "NonLag MA";

extern string _16 = "Zero lag EMA";

ps1) recommend to upgrade to new version from here:::::: https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/exclusive/17099-universal-ma-of-averages-ea#comment_670791

mrtools:
This is the old Universal Ma Cross Ea this version now can use any of the 17 different average, also this version is using a break even function if you want,and with a lock in pips, by default the lock in is set to 6 pips, to maybe help to stay under your brokers radar, and also by default the break even is set to 30 pips, every thing else is the same, with the EA being able to work on Ecn and extra digit brokers.

The averages indicator needs to be in your experts/indicators folder.

The list of the averages used for the fast,slow and third average include:::::

extern string _0 = "SMA";

extern string _1 = "EMA";

extern string _2 = "Double smoothed EMA";

extern string _3 = "Double EMA";

extern string _4 = "Triple EMA";

extern string _5 = "Smoothed MA";

extern string _6 = "Linear weighted MA";

extern string _7 = "Parabolic weighted MA";

extern string _8 = "Alexander MA";

extern string _9 = "Volume weghted MA";

extern string _10 = "Hull MA";

extern string _11 = "Triangular MA";

extern string _12 = "Sine weighted MA";

extern string _13 = "Liner regression";

extern string _14 = "IE/2";

extern string _15 = "NonLag MA";

extern string _16 = "Zero lag EMA";

Upgraded version with upgraded indicator.

mrtools:
Upgraded version with upgraded indicator.

Hi MrTools,

Thank you for this EA. I backtested it for me and it looks promising. I have some questions regarding the Trailing Stop and Break Even settings.

What do the following numbers in the setting mean?

Break Even: 50

LockInPips: 6

Will Trailing Stop take into account if the Trailing Stop Type it “4”.?

In my live account I tested in H1 chart with these two options above and 0.01lot and had the following situation today.

EA bought at 129,80. The price goes down for 50 pips and then rises 200 pips up ( 150 from the initial order). The SL was moved only to 129.86 and after the price falls down again I won only 6 pips although 100-150 pips were possible. Why did this happen and how I can control this in the settings.

Thank you and best regards,

Anthony

Files:
eurjpy.png  13 kb

Antony1:
Hi MrTools,

Thank you for this EA. I backtested it for me and it looks promising. I have some questions regarding the Trailing Stop and Break Even settings.

What do the following numbers in the setting mean?

Break Even: 50

LockInPips: 6

Will Trailing Stop take into account if the Trailing Stop Type it “4”.?

In my live account I tested in H1 chart with these two options above and 0.01lot and had the following situation today.

EA bought at 129,80. The price goes down for 50 pips and then rises 200 pips up ( 150 from the initial order). The SL was moved only to 129.86 and after the price falls down again I won only 6 pips although 100-150 pips were possible. Why did this happen and how I can control this in the settings.

Thank you and best regards,

Anthony

Hello Anthony, First of all thanks for testing and right now the break even is stand alone, am working and testing ways to incorporate it into the trailing stop, I think what happened is if you had the break even enabled and the lock in set at 6 probably the break even locked those 6 pips then the price probably went back to the lock in area and the EA closed for those 6 pips, to prevent it in the future try with a larger lock in maybe something like 10 or 20 pips.

Updated version of averages to make it possible to use it in new metatrader 4 too : averages.mq4

Files:
averages.mq4  19 kb

Updated EA made compatible with the new metatrader 4 : universalmaaveragescross_ea.mq4

Hi mladen

Can the EA be adapted to the Averages 8,7?

Can one expand the MA type with these EA?
Reason: