Forex trading and Gambling.

Forex is not gambling. In forex you buy and sell right? In order to make profit you have to buy when the price is low and sell when the price is high. IS this not what forex is all about? In order to make gain, we have to analyze when the price will rise and when the price will fall before we buy or sell. Can anyone say this is gambling? Gambling is when you totally depend on luck to make you money? In gambling, you cannot control your profit or loss because you depend on just luck. This is unlike forex.

Does anyone disagree with this fact?

For some trading is simple gambling, nothing else. Dreams of fast wealth without knowing what they actually are doing

Forex is a gambling because your profit and loss depend on luck. You cannot know for sure where the highs and lows for sure. You do not trade on forex - you make stakes.

Hussein Obama:
Forex is a gambling because your profit and loss depend on luck. You cannot know for sure where the highs and lows for sure. You do not trade on forex - you make stakes.

I don't agree with you, forex trading is only gambling when you don't know why are you entering the market for any trade. When you understand the market situation and trade with proper money management, then its not gambling.

Peter Brandley:
Forex is not gambling. In forex you buy and sell right? In order to make profit you have to buy when the price is low and sell when the price is high. IS this not what forex is all about? In order to make gain, we have to analyze when the price will rise and when the price will fall before we buy or sell. Can anyone say this is gambling? Gambling is when you totally depend on luck to make you money? In gambling, you cannot control your profit or loss because you depend on just luck. This is unlike forex. Does anyone disagree with this fact?

But we can turn forex trading in to gambling by trading with high lots without caring the risk.

Hussein Obama:

You got it wrong. Forex is not 100% gambling

If you can manage your risk and trade high probability signals, this is not gambling.

Hussein Obama:

Hey Hussein ,do you really trade? Coz if you do then i think that you should read more on trading.

Hello,

For me, It is gambling if:

1. you do not know what you are doing in Forex market.

2.if you do not know how to apply the method you acquired about Forex market.

3. If you did not learn from your previous mistakes

Melle:
Hello,

this is the best description of the 95% of forex traders I have seen in a long time :):)

Real trading isn't gambling - unless you don't know what you're doing. Period.

Melle:
Hello,

I like to highlight other points

* Trading with higher lots without caring the risk

* Get rich quick mind

* Bad trading psychology

Reason: