Metatrader 5 coding questions / issues - page 21

nbtrading:
How do they sort those things then out?

They are trying to use what is called "virtual Order Manager" which is a nonsense : as soon as you turn the terminal off, or you restart it, or you try to connect from a different account all the relevant data is lost. You can not reconstruct the order closing times

PS: that peace of code is trying to simulate what we already have on metatrader 4 as normal orders list and trading history list - so much about metatrader 5

mladen:
funayot In all the conditions, the main problem is that we do not have a closing time of an order or deals (nor positions) and that we can not determine which one was the last executed . Metatrader explicitly stated that they do not guarantee that either reading the orders by position or by ticket will honor some ascending (or descending) by time order. So, we do not have a normal way of finding out from the trading history the data you need

That's really discouraging from metaquotes. Metaquotes disappoint in that aspect.

I'm trying some ideas on pip range. Is there an indicator in mt5 that plot bars in pips apart from renko chart? I'm having trouble loading other indicators on the renko chart.

funayot:
That's really discouraging from metaquotes. Metaquotes disappoint in that aspect. I'm trying some ideas on pip range. Is there an indicator in mt5 that plot bars in pips apart from renko chart? I'm having trouble loading other indicators on the renko chart.

funayot

What kind of troubles you have when loading indicators to renko charts?

funayot:
That's really discouraging from metaquotes. Metaquotes disappoint in that aspect. I'm trying some ideas on pip range. Is there an indicator in mt5 that plot bars in pips apart from renko chart? I'm having trouble loading other indicators on the renko chart.

How do you use renko charts on metatrader 5 when there are no offline charts in metatrader 5?

techmac:
How do you use renko charts on metatrader 5 when there are no offline charts in metatrader 5?

There is a version made as indicator, but that limits it largely - only indicators that have an option to use previous indicator data can be applied to it and indicators that are chart dependent (any that should work in a separate window) will not work correctly of such an inidcator

That is simply a result of metatrader not making offline chart available for metatrader 5

mladen:
There is a version made as indicator, but that limits it largely - only indicators that have an option to use previous indicator data can be applied to it and indicators that are chart dependent (any that should work in a separate window) will not work correctly of such an inidcator That is simply a result of metatrader not making offline chart available for metatrader 5

No way to make offline chart in metatrader 5?

techmac:
No way to make offline chart in metatrader 5?

Metatrader 5 history data files format is completely different from metatrader 4 files. There is very little chance that they will ever enable offline charts in metatatrader 5 (due to that difference of data files format and due to the difference how the time frames are constructed in runtime too)

mladen:
Metatrader 5 history data files format is completely different from metatrader 4 files. There is very little chance that they will ever enable offline charts in metatatrader 5 (due to that difference of data files format and due to the difference how the time frames are constructed in runtime too)

Then what is the improvment?

They gave us extra time frames (that we could have with period converter) and they took away all other offline charts. Seems to me that we did not get anything and lost a lot with metatrader 5

mladen:
funayot What kind of troubles you have when loading indicators to renko charts?

Mladen,

I'm trying to load nonlagdot indicator on the chart but it doesn't display. Also the renko chart indicator seems to take long to load. Please find the indicators attached.

Files:
renko.mq5  8 kb
nonlagdot.mq5  8 kb

Mladen,

I think what I'm essentially looking for is a constant range bar indicator. That is, draw each bar in reference to the price open of each day or week or month. For example, draw 20 pips up/down bar for every price movement in a day in reference to the day's open. If it doesn't exist, can you recommend where to start to build one? Can you also assist in converting existing indicators to work with this "new" range chart? What do you think?

Reason: