Having more profit in a major pair? - page 3

why do we need trade with major pair ? because it is a great pair. it is a pair low spread. you can compare it with other

Not any more.

Major pairs are dying

Minor pair have such spreads that it is impossible to trade them

bingofx:
What do you mean? Time shows us that spreads become tighter and tighter, because of broker competition on this market. For example my Hotforex broker lowered their spreads on some pairs several times in about 3 years. Other brokers follow this example as well, so trading is nearing to equal game from the point of math.

Let me guess : scalping?

For any other trading tighter ranges mean you have to increase the lot sizes used, which means increase the risk, which means more failing traders. Volatility (and average range as a result) is taken out of majors by Central Banks, not brokers. Lowering spreads on some pairs is usually done on pairs that are not traded in big volumes to attract traders to completely controlled symbols

TheLastBear:
So you are not a trader and like to play with this pair. A real traders does not care about the pair. Real traders follow their strategies.

I disagree with both the tone and logic behind this statement. MANY 'real' traders stick to pairs they know and/or like and incorporate them into their strategies. Just because you don't doesn't discount the many successful people that do.

Yes making profit with major pair always easy in volatile market. I prefer EUR/USD pair to trade mostly.

ching100:
Yes making profit with major pair always easy in volatile market. I prefer EUR/USD pair to trade mostly.

It was so

But see the volatility for last year :

And after that it fell even more (according to Goldman Sachs for more than 42% in this year alone). EURUSD as a trading symbol is dying and soon it will not be possible to trade it at all if it continues like this

Files:

i guess its easier to trade majors since most pair revolve around them and they are the most known with less spreads

Not any more. Compare what was like to trade majors just a year ago and now - now majors are like some orphans

Same here. Becoming more and more difficult to trade majors

Reason: