Need historical account balance

Hey guys,

Had a bit of a search but can't seem to find an answer. My accountant has asked me to produce my MT4 trading account balance as at 30th June 2012, which is the last day of the Australian tax year. I have gone into the platforms Account History tab and tried nominating specific dates around this time, but the detailed report only gives me the current account balance. It is probably something simple I am missing, so if someone could help me out with instructions, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jim

It seems to be an error with metatrader that in the balance part always shows the current balance in the report. You will have to use some other tool for the report you need

Attaching one the can help : it is a script that will create a report in the experts/files folder. Limit the orders using custom period in the account history tab (as in the example picture in your case) and then simply drag this script to the chart : it will simply write out one "OK" but what is important that it will give you a report that is correct as far as the balance on the given date is concerned (did not check though what happens if you had opened orders on that date). Open the report in the experts/files folder and you can print it as any other report (it is a regular .htm file browsable by any browser)

buff:
Hey guys, Had a bit of a search but can't seem to find an answer. My accountant has asked me to produce my MT4 trading account balance as at 30th June 2012, which is the last day of the Australian tax year. I have gone into the platforms Account History tab and tried nominating specific dates around this time, but the detailed report only gives me the current account balance. It is probably something simple I am missing, so if someone could help me out with instructions, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jim
Files:
report.mq4  20 kb

mladen, thanks for the quick response. I'll check that script out. Much appreciated. Jim

mladen,

Okay I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to scripts etc. I did have a play around with what you supplied but couldn't seem to come up with the required data box as per your illustration. Would it be asking too much if you could just break it down into Dummies language and just go through the process of which folder exactly I would load that script and what I would do next. Just can't seem to work it out, and sorry to be a pain. Thanks.

Jim

Jim

Go to Account History tab in terminal sub-window (as shown on picture), right click for the popup menu, chose custom period, and when you get the dialog box chose the period you wish (as shown in the previous post). Keep the account history opened and simply drag the report script to the chart (it - the "report.mq4" - has to be copied to scripts sub-folder of experts folder)

After that you will have a "your broker name".htm file in the experts->files sub-folder. Double click on it so that some browser opens it and there you have a printable report

buff:
mladen,

Okay I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to scripts etc. I did have a play around with what you supplied but couldn't seem to come up with the required data box as per your illustration. Would it be asking too much if you could just break it down into Dummies language and just go through the process of which folder exactly I would load that script and what I would do next. Just can't seem to work it out, and sorry to be a pain. Thanks.

Jim
Files:
Reason: