Something interesting, old thread - page 71

Pava:
got it...I was thinking same without knowing the specifics...but wasn't sure

Actually there are more adaptive ones than the people usually know. For example : JMA is an adaptive filter and people do not think of it like of an adaptive one

Is this supposed to be red color for down bars and green for up bars? This indicator Nextbarcolor shows same color for both up and down bars ...

Candle statistics script (from here : Scripts - Script for Calculation of Candle Statistics - MQL5 Code Base)

The script calculates candle statistics (the minimal, maximal and average values of candles body and shadows) of the current chart.The calculated statistics is shown for 3 groups (bullish, bearish and all) of candles in the upper left corner of the chart. The calculation interval depends on 5 first input parameters (the interval also can be selected with two vertical lines with names, defined in input parameters).
Files:
s_range.mq5  22 kb

mima:
Is this supposed to be red color for down bars and green for up bars? This indicator Nextbarcolor shows same color for both up and down bars ...

I suppose you are talking about this indicator : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181297/page46

I don't know why is it showing same color (as you can see it shows two colors on my terminal) but it does not matter, since that is a classical repainting indicator (yes, there are quite few repainting ones on metatrader 5 already too - not just metatrader 5 has it )

Files:

Mladen thank you for reply. I meant that some down bars are green and some up bars are red .. please look on July 9 at very bottom ( for example wide down bar)...I might be wrong and in that case I do apologize.

mima:
Mladen thank you for reply. I meant that some down bars are green and some up bars are red .. please look on July 9 at very bottom ( for example wide down bar)...I might be wrong and in that case I do apologize.

mima ,

It is s simple comparison : if close of the current bars is greater than the close of the next bar the color is green. Also if it is lower than the close of the next bar it is red. But it is using a future bar for that comparison and that makes it one of the repainter on metatrader 5

Clock indicator by vicmos

Description:

The indicator shows the current date, time, the current spread and stop levels.

Parameters:

• Time - you can select local time or server time.
  • Shift from the right edge - Shift from the right edge in pixels.
  • TextColor - Text color.
Files:
clock_ind.mq5  6 kb

mladen:
Percentage Price Oscillator :

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/117/ppo.mq5

Mladen can this be made for mt4

mladen:
macerina

That indicator was posted as a curiosity more than anything else.

The definition quoted there comes from investopedia : Percentage Price Oscillator (PPO) Definition | Investopedia (but the definition for PPO is almost on all sources the same). Now, that is all OK, till you see the following picture :

Upper is PPO, lower is MACD. They are not exactly the same (they can not be due to division by long ema) but they are so similar that it makes more sense to us MACD

Thanks for the info mladen ... did'nt realise they would be so close ...

macerina:
https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/117/ppo.mq5 Mladen can this be made for mt4

macerina

That indicator was posted as a curiosity more than anything else.

The definition quoted there comes from investopedia : Percentage Price Oscillator (PPO) Definition | Investopedia (but the definition for PPO is almost on all sources the same). Now, that is all OK, till you see the following picture :

Upper is PPO, lower is MACD. They are not exactly the same (they can not be due to division by long ema) but they are so similar that it makes more sense to use MACD

Files:
ppo.gif  38 kb
Reason: