Something interesting, old thread - page 9

MACD of WPR ...

And some more fooling around :

A "simple" WPR (Williams percent range) and a MACD of WPR. Bot can be limited for how many bars you wish to draw. As far as MACD od WPR due to the nature of MACD calculation same recommendations as for MACD of CCI - give it some room as far as the number of bars are concerned. And it seems that the MACD of WPR is a "fast one too, so here is a comparison of a regular MACD and a MACD of 32 period WPR

PS: MACD of WPR is a standalone indicator. It does not need the WPR indicator.

Files:

mladen:

A "simple" WPR (Williams percent range) and a MACD of WPR. Bot can be limited for how many bars you wish to draw. As far as MACD od WPR due to the nature of MACD calculation same recommendations as for MACD of CCI - give it some room as far as the number of bars are concerned. And it seems that the MACD of WPR is a "fast one too, so here is a comparison of a regular MACD and a MACD of 32 period WPR

Thanks Mladen, these macd versions are really interesting!

About my previous post, do you know what determines a variation so great of the price from friday to sunday? Is it just the bid/ask?

Doc

Here is a link that might contain the information you are looking for : Yahoo! Answers - Weekend forex price gaps?

dr.house7:
Thanks Mladen, these macd versions are really interesting! About my previous post, do you know what determines a variation so great of the price from friday to sunday? Is it just the bid/ask?

mladen:
Doc Here is a link that might contain the information you are looking for : Yahoo! Answers - Weekend forex price gaps?

So only Oanda gives a continuos feed of the price? Why other brokers not?

I don't think that it is Oanda only. I think that it is simply an "user interface" choice for the majority. Frankly I prefer it without weekend data since Saturday and Sunday data culd cause significant deformation of some analysis techniques (too much to similar prices in roughly 28% of the time of a week - that amount of self-similar data can kill any analysis)

As far as gaps forming : interbroker and interbank weekend trades (the famous "weekend loans") are certainly going on regardless of the non-working days. When all that is coupled with weekend information collected that can be a cause for a gap

dr.house7:
So only Oanda gives a continuos feed of the price? Why other brokers not?

mladen:
I don't think that it is Oanda only. I think that it is simply an "user interface" choice for the majority. Frankly I prefer it without weekend data since Saturday and Sunday data culd cause significant deformation of some analysis techniques (too much to similar prices in roughly 28% of the time of a week - that amount of self-similar data can kill any analysis) As far as gaps forming : interbroker and interbank weekend trades (the famous "weekend loans") are certainly going on regardless of the non-working days. When all that is coupled with weekend information collected that can be a cause for a gap

Thanks for these informations!

mladen:

Dear Mladen,

I got a strange problem...try to attach in the same chart your wpr and cci simple, than try to limit in number of bars both...you cannot, it's possible to limit only the last one attached

Doc

It is limited. The problem is different. In metatrader 4 when something was declared as a buffer it was also managed differently. It means that whenever a new element was added to the buffer it was automatically initialized to EMPTY_VALUE (or the values specified instead of the EMPTY_VALUE) EMPTY_VALUE is special since when metatrader finds it in a buffer it does not draw that bar. As you can see, it is not so any more. Here is an example : upper is CCI limited to 200 bars and lower is WPR limited to 100 bars.

The zero values (and other values that appear there - some of are quite strange and it seems that metatrader 5 has some initial memory usage overlap somewhere since I can not explain why it contains so "logical" values where the values were not altered by the code at all) are show and it is obvious that there is no automatic EMPTY_VALUE assignment for buffers (not even if something like this is used : PlotIndexSetDouble(0,PLOT_EMPTY_VALUE,EMPTY_VALUE); tried it). In MACD it is avoided by assigning EMPTY_VALUE by code when the bar calculated is outside the limit, but in the "simple" versions I did not do that

Will look some more into this, but as I once already said : unfortunately but metatrader is making us do more complicated code than before and we have to "tell" everything now to it (even the size of my shoes ).

dr.house7:
Dear Mladen, I got a strange problem...try to attach in the same chart your wpr and cci simple, than try to limit in number of bars both...you cannot, it's possible to limit only the last one attached
Files:
5_limited.png  64 kb

Here is the simplest solution for the limited bars display

Files:

A nice variation of Pearson correlation made by icreator. In this one you have to enter the symbol for which you wish the correlation calculation to be done (correlation to self is always 1) Some more info about Pearson correlation can be found here : Correlation and dependence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Files:
Reason: