Advanced Bézier Trailing

Hello everyone,

As we all know the traditional trailing is not good. I believe that there could be some improvement on this sector. I'd like to see a solution that would let me sleep, take a shower and cook with ease. Something that would negate needs to set SL @ breakeven and something that would always make sure that a well started trade gets some good profits after all even though a trader fails to close his trade at the perfect spot.

It would be best if curves would be editable right on screen. The trailing would get disabled while editing (by dragging control points around). It would get automatically reactivated ~20 seconds after editing. Curves could have a last segment that would continue endlessly as straight line (a ray).

Even though I am speaking about bézier curves, I don't mean full blown form controlling via handles. Just simple points to drag like in this video: Drawing Anime Using Paint.NET - YouTube

Sounds good ? Any ideas on how to improve the concept ? Any coders interested in this ?

Files:

cool idea!

So, this would be a trade manager EA that deploys a default non-adaptive trailing curve (default form customizeable in EA settings) that can then be manipulated manually by dragging control points - not an indicator of any kind.

If I understand your concept correct, you should check the advanced elite for spline regression.

biddick:
If I understand your concept correct, you should check the advanced elite for spline regression.

What I am talking about is a manually controlled trailing stop EA.

Maybe then the following thread will be interesting to you (idea is similar to some extent) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176382

voltagetoe:
What I am talking about is a manually controlled trailing stop EA.

Adobe Illustrator have a wonderful way of drawing Bezier curves...I don't know if it is programmable in Metatrader...but the idea came to my mind a long time ago...still, even if something like that existed in Metatrader it would be an Art to place those lines...not a science

parabolic is somewhat curvy...

what straight lines on Fisher signify on your template...overbought/oversold zones...or something else?

mladen:
Maybe then the following thread will be interesting to you (idea is similar to some extent) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176382

Yeah, that's going to right direction. It's an intelligent solution but it does not however manage manually opened trades and supports only straight line (or adaptive indicators) which gives much more worse results compared to a curve. It's a barely profitable solution. If you have a curve at your disposal you can set everything: automated timing for setting SL to rise to breakeven level and then an estimated penetration of price when a cycle (or a group of cycles) is estimated to come to its climax... It's an enormous difference if you can on average get your trades to make lets say 15% more pips. Nothing beats visual spatial prediction of humans.

voltagetoe:
I've been trying to find a solution that marks areas where it is risky to take countertrend trades. When full bars appear it is a good idea to be cautious and use very tight stops if countertrend trades have to be taken. Here's an M15 template attached that tries to do the same with Ehlers Fisher Transform:

got it...thank you...no go zones

Reason: