Running MT4 Build 409 ONLY?

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to run MT4 Build 409 exclusively, without ever updating the client.

I ran it this way for a few weeks - running Build 409 exclusively, by removing the liveupdate file from the file system. When the computer's network adapter has an established network connection, I used to be able to always launch MT4 Build 409 and it would open and run without problems.

All of a sudden, with a network connection, build 409 launches, comes to screen and then immediately shuts down without warning, prompt or message. Looking at the action from inside the Windows Task Manager, you can clearly see terminal.exe load and then simply disappear as the client terminal leaves the screen. No error messages.

I then copied another liveupdate file back to he MT4 install path, and relaunched MT4 Build 409. It then attempted to run a live-update. I did not allow the liveupdate to run and closed the liveupdate window. MT4 then immediately shut down again.

I've run combinations of renaming the liveupdate config file and the liveupdate application itself, to no avail - either combination always results in MT4 shutting down after it first comes to screen and fails to run liveupdate. MT4, never used to care that the liveupdate file was missing, or had been renamed to liveupdate.old. It used to always launch, connect to the server and remain running without problems. All of a sudden, it seems to care about the status of the liveupdate file.

Why do I not want MT4 to Update?

Simple - I'm running a script (a few .dll files) that allows back-testing using tick data, as well as multiple time frame back-tests. It has worked flawlessly until today. I was able to feed tick-data to the Tester engine and run EAs that used iCustoms across different time frames in MT4.

However, the script that I use to feed tick data to the Tester engine and to run multiple time frame back-tests, will not run on Builds higher than 409.

How can I keep MT4 in a perpetual 409 state?

I have already disconnected the network adapter and then launched MT4 Build 409, and it does work that way. MT4 will launch and remain running without problems. However, I do all of my research in this instance of MT4. The account in which I do live trading is installed into a different path, and that instance is allowed to use liveupdate all the time. So, I would need the Build 409 instance for all research purposes, including live forward testing, while not disrupting the back-test facility that relies on Build 409.

So, I use two different install paths - one for the live account and one for the test account and it has worked without fail, until today for some odd reason, where the demo (test account) refuses to remain open on the desktop. All of a sudden, the demo install seems to now care about the fact that the liveupdate file was missing, or renamed. It never cared or complained about the missing liveupdate application before today.

I don't run back-tests inside the same MT4 install path anymore, because I had an incident once where I ran an EA on the test account, and MT4 opened up the trade on the live account - back when I used to run the live account and test (demo account) through a single MT4 install path. So, I keep a Test Side install path and Live Side install path, just to make sure that won't happen again.

Thanks,

T7

P.S.

I read the thread containing the link to Alex Collins website, where he suggested that simply replacing your current terminal.exe with an older Build 409 version would solve the problem. Well - that fix doesn't work on my box. MT4, either with the current Build 409 terminal.exe, or the one downloaded from the site recommended on Alex's forum, does not prevent MT4 from opening and then immediately closing.

Deleting the liveupdate file from the file system (at least on my box), causes MT4 to launch and then immediately shut down.

Renaming the liveupdate file on the file system (at least on my box), causes MT4 to launch and then immediately shut down.

Leaving the liveupdate file alone (doing nothing to it), causes MT4 to launch and attempt to run a live-update from Build 409 to Build 419. Closing the live-update windows and not allowing the update, forces MT4 Build 409 to immediately shut down (at least on my box).

a) Has anybody else seen this problem? I can't be the only person running Build 409.

b) Have you found a way to keep MT4 in a Build 409 perpetual state - without updating, or attempting to update?

Thanks!

T7

Build 409

Trajectory7:
P.S.

I read the thread containing the link to Alex Collins website, where he suggested that simply replacing your current terminal.exe with an older Build 409 version would solve the problem. Well - that fix doesn't work on my box. MT4, either with the current Build 409 terminal.exe, or the one downloaded from the site recommended on Alex's forum, does not prevent MT4 from opening and then immediately closing.

Deleting the liveupdate file from the file system (at least on my box), causes MT4 to launch and then immediately shut down.

Renaming the liveupdate file on the file system (at least on my box), causes MT4 to launch and then immediately shut down.

Leaving the liveupdate file alone (doing nothing to it), causes MT4 to launch and attempt to run a live-update from Build 409 to Build 419. Closing the live-update windows and not allowing the update, forces MT4 Build 409 to immediately shut down (at least on my box).

a) Has anybody else seen this problem? I can't be the only person running Build 409.

b) Have you found a way to keep MT4 in a Build 409 perpetual state - without updating, or attempting to update?

Thanks!

T7

Hi T7,

I have encountered the same problem.

Everything has been fixed with Build 416.(at least for me)

Although I do not have to run back-tests the way you do it, everything has been fixed. I don't know why , but it works ok on multiple brokers/ecn on multiple PCs.

Have a good trading week.

Tomcat

Deleted. Download link does not contain 409.

Thanks, Tomcat. I appreciate the input. You have a great trading week, too.

T7

The Fix is In!

I found the fix, Tomcat. I've got 409 working just fine now.

Thanks for participating in the thread and for trying to help out. Send me an email and I'll shoot you the solution. Gotta get back to work. Well, sleep - then work. Geeepers.

What a frustrating waste of time day this has been. At least I can get back to work on EA development in the morning.

Vespa,

T7

eMail = concept@scientist.com

Trajectory7:
I found the fix, Tomcat. I've got 409 working just fine now.

Thanks for participating in the thread and for trying to help out. Send me an email and I'll shoot you the solution. Gotta get back to work. Well, sleep - then work. Geeepers.

What a frustrating waste of time day this has been. At least I can get back to work on EA development in the morning.

Vespa,

T7

eMail = concept@scientist.com

Where do I download build 409.

Check this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181236

meo:
Where do I download build 409.
Reason: