Trailing Stop Problem

Hello All! Today I used Trailing Stop at first time. But I'm already confused. It didn't close anything, and just highlited Yellow instead of Red (after going behind the SL line) Could anyone explain such situation? Thanks!

Files:
trasto.jpg  559 kb

Did you edit the picture to hide order volume, or is there indeed an empty space?

What profit, if any, does the order show? (right-click on the table, check 'Profit')

Yes, I edited that space:) It was a large loss trade. But I just want Trailing Stops to work properly. They should immediately close my trades when price meets the s/l line (like simple stop loss), or I missing the point?

Hi kenskii,

It is usual situation especially on demo on M1 timeframe. And it is related to Metatrader as a software itself, related to connection of Metatrader with the broker's server (using internet), and freezing price movement doing by the broker (bad case).

I do not know how to explain ...

Just an example: ...

if you will say to the dog:

"stand up", sit down"

on the same time

so the dog will be confused about what to do first ...

same with metatrader - this software can not make simultanious operations.

may be - your Metatrader did something exactly on this period of time (downloading some data, ticks or any) ... by itself ... or by your order ... who know.

It is well-known situation for the programmers when they want to implement many functions/library files inside one EA/operation doing almost on the same time.

To make it shorter: it is "the food" for programmers..

So I better forget about using this trailing stop?:)

Thanks! I'll try what You advised:)

not forget. Why forget?

Understand it as ... some kind of price freezing on the chart on real time scale.

or something as ... "M1 data can not be so reliable as D1 timeframe". usual explanation - something with datafeed for this broker.

I just provided some kind of programming explanation.

First members who said about this problem was cockeyedcowboy

/en/users/cockeyedcowboy (from the US).

I remember - he said that he was working for some company for the project with the budget of many million dollars just to fix this issue about "simultanious operations impossibility on trading software".

The other person who came very close to fixing it - KimIV (from Russia) - by his EAs (any EA) constructed by modules (same as the house built by modules) - we are having the thread about it.

Anyway - if you are having some friend as the coder so ask him to read the post of this member /en/users/cockeyedcowboy

For us as the traders - nothing we can do: we can only select the broker or timeframe which are more reliable for us to trade.

To make it shorter (for traders): change the broker, or change timeframe for same broker.

Reason: