Elite indicators - metatrader 5 version :) - page 6

plostina

To get rsi filter of a momentum, place a momentum indicator on chart and then drag the rsi filter on it and choose "previous indicator data" in the "apply to" and that way you are going to get a rsi filter of a momentum

plostina:
Thank you , for all indicator. Caan you make thes indicator "rsi filter momentum" for mt5 ? Thanks

And as far as TI_WORK indicator is concerned, posted a version made by VDVsoft here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181297/page15

plostina:
Hi Mladen,you can convert these indicators MT4 to MT5. thanks

Fooling around with applying rsi filter to other indicators ...

One more example of applying rsi filter to another indicator : this is a RSI filter applied to 32 period relative vigor index (32 seems to be a rather interesting period for quite a few indicator, so it seems that when you are testing some indicator, period 32 is one of those that should be tested among other testing periods) Rsi period in this example is the default simple 14 period rsi

Files:
rsi_rvi.png  65 kb

Super trend from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181297/page15 with an addition of 18 possible averages used for calculation

Gaussian filter ...

This is Gaussian filter for metatrader 5.

It is using the metatrader 5 option that allows us to apply it to other indicators too. On the example picture it is among others Gaussian filter applied to rsi than another was applied to that one (the one already applied to rsi).

Ehlers inverse fisher transform 2 ...

This is a Ehlers inverse fisher transform with an addition of choices of different rsi calculations that can be used. Rsi variations can be :

rsi

Wilder's rsi

rsx

Cuttler's rsi

USD Index for MT5

mladen:
Fooling around with applying rsi filter to other indicators ...

One more example of applying rsi filter to another indicator : this is a RSI filter applied to 32 period relative vigor index (32 seems to be a rather interesting period for quite a few indicator, so it seems that when you are testing some indicator, period 32 is one of those that should be tested among other testing periods) Rsi period in this example is the default simple 14 period rsi

Great stuff, thanks a lot Mladen for the trick. I've tried to apply RSI Filter to MACD and ASI and it is great.

I have a question about that. On FXCM Trading Station there is the same kind of tools (applying indicator to another), but there is one that seems not to be on MT5, that is applying MACD to an indi (for example a stochastic or momentum, etc.). Do you know if it is possible to do that on MT5 ?

I also have a request, do you know a good indicator of USD Index on MT5 ? I think it should be nice to apply RSI filter on it. I've tried this one, but it's quite complicated to use iUSDx (USD index) Multicurrency Indicator - MQL5 Code Base. Thanks a lot for your answer.

airquest

With macd we run into a couple of problems not yet solved in metatrader 5 : if you apply an indicator to another indicator and the resulting values are too different one is not going to be seen. Here is an example : upper is a macd applied to another macd and it is visible. But lower is a macd applied to rsi, and it can not be seen simply because metatrader 5 does not allow adjusting indicators display values to fit the sub-window. If someone has a solution for that please let me know, but so far i haven't found any solution for that

PS: attaching the macd I used for these examples - it allows you to chose "previous indicator data" in the parameters

airquest:
Great stuff, thanks a lot Mladen for the trick. I've tried to apply RSI Filter to MACD and ASI and it is great.

I have a question about that. On FXCM Trading Station there is the same kind of tools (applying indicator to another), but there is one that seems not to be on MT5, that is applying MACD to an indi (for example a stochastic or momentum, etc.). Do you know if it is possible to do that on MT5 ?

I also have a request, do you know a good indicator of USD Index on MT5 ? I think it should be nice to apply RSI filter on it. I've tried this one, but it's quite complicated to use iUSDx (USD index) Multicurrency Indicator - MQL5 Code Base. Thanks a lot for your answer.
Files:
macd_2.mq5  3 kb

mladen:
airquest

With macd we run into a couple of problems not yet solved in metatrader 5 : if you apply an indicator to another indicator and the resulting values are too different one is not going to be seen. Here is an example : upper is a macd applied to another macd and it is visible. But lower is a macd applied to rsi, and it can not be seen simply because metatrader 5 does not allow adjusting indicators display values to fit the sub-window. If someone has a solution for that please let me know, but so far i haven't found any solution for that

PS: attaching the macd I used for these examples - it allows you to chose "previous indicator data" in the parameters

Thanks Mladen for this MACD, I think I found the problem, really not sure about that, but at least it works on my MT5 platform. The problem has to do with the scale. I've put the scale of the MACD applied to previous indicator data to fixed scale minimum -10 and maximum 10 and it shows up. Tested to apply it on a stochastic, rsi and macd (see picture below).

I still have a request if you have time and if you think this is usefull, I would like to have USDIndex as an indicator for MT5 like this one on MT4 : usdx.mq4. Thanks.

Files:
usdx.mq4  10 kb
eurusdm30.png  71 kb

airquest

Thanks for the "trick" The only problem is that we have to do it manually (and I am a lazy man )

Will see what can be done regarding USD index to make a reasonably useful indicator : they removed almost every function that allowed us simple synchronization of 2 different symbols in metatrader 5 so it seems that all has to be done from the scratch

airquest:
Thanks Mladen for this MACD, I think I found the problem, really not sure about that, but at least it works on my MT5 platform. The problem has to do with the scale. I've put the scale of the MACD applied to previous indicator data to fixed scale minimum -10 and maximum 10 and it shows up. Tested to apply it on a stochastic, rsi and macd (see picture below).

I still have a request if you have time and if you think this is usefull, I would like to have USDIndex as an indicator for MT5 like this one on MT4 : usdx.mq4. Thanks.
Reason: