My New Indicators (CodersGuru) - page 2

Hi

I know they do but that is because you start at the high and go down to the low.

I was however incorrect, I thought for an up trend it should be drawn from the high to the low but after some research I found out the following.

For an up trend or up swing the fib should be drawn from the low to the high giving you 0 at the high and 100 at the low.

For a down trend or down swing the fib should be drawn from the high to low giving you 100 at the high and 0 at the low.

So it looks like the indicator should be tweaked to do this??????????

Salam CodersGuru,

I hv problem to access yr website.

Any other link please?

Wsm & BRgds.

MatXerof:
Salam CodersGuru,

I hv problem to access yr website.

Any other link please?

Wsm & BRgds.

Salam Mat,

Could you please try now and tell me the result

codersguru:
Salam Mat, Could you please try now and tell me the result

Its ok now, so I'll to use all good stuff there.

Thank u v.much.

..smoga sntiasa dberkati Allah!

(means - may God blesses u)

jd1888:
Hi

I know they do but that is because you start at the high and go down to the low.

I was however incorrect, I thought for an up trend it should be drawn from the high to the low but after some research I found out the following.

For an up trend or up swing the fib should be drawn from the low to the high giving you 0 at the high and 100 at the low.

For a down trend or down swing the fib should be drawn from the high to low giving you 100 at the high and 0 at the low.

So it looks like the indicator should be tweaked to do this??????????

I'm confused now

Could you point me to your reference?

When it comes to charting..............

codersguru:
I'm confused now Could you point me to your reference?

........... a picture is worth a million words what he is saying, it is showing the retracement correctly in a down trend but not an up trend?

see screen shots, this is the point he is trying to make, have a great week end

codersguru:
Try to manually draw the Fibo. Choose the Fibo from MetaTrader's Toolbar and start from and High then release the drawing at an low. What do you get? 100 is above or below?

The Fibo in Metatrader can be set to read anything you want, you can display fib extensions and even the price at every level jd888, are you paying attention?

my settings are reversed, so that I can draw the extensions, just play with it until you get what you want, takes a bit to get used too

jd1888:
Hi codersguru,

Thanks for the fib indi.

I made an observation about the indicator that I'd like to share with you to see if may be fixed.

When in goes from high to low shoudn't the 0 be at the high and the 100 be at the low?????

I might be wrong but if not I was wondering if this could be fixed........

Thanks again.

It is fixed, just playing around with it a bit more, found this setting, check it out and compare the reading on the chart with the previous posting

Files:

The_Snowman:
It is fixed, just playing around with it a bit more, found this setting, check it out and compare the reading on the chart with the previous posting

So the indicator working as you want?

Sorry for the confusion, but as the snowman pointed out it read the right way for a down trend but not an up trend, also as the snowman pointed out there is a setting to change this which I had missed again I'm sorry.

Thanks for the great work and help that you give to all Codersguru I applaud you for your effort.

Reason: