The real problem with your trading system. - page 3

mirq:
Hello again,

With this system of logging ticks, time disapeares completly from the equation.

The notion of volume vanishes too. I know that in Forex volumes are not too relevant, but they might help you during consolidation and before breakouts come.

Forex volume is nothing more than counting ticks per candle.

The repainting of some indicators are due to continuous averaging process, it's not a question of time. The same way those indicators will be repainted with tick logging system. If someone used a very high tick count to log candles, than yes, repainting might occur. Lower tick counts eliminate that problem. And besides, if an indicator has the ability to "repaint", I would not recommend using it.

In a way, you switch the referential system from our cartezian(cartesian)one to the more delayed or contracted referential of the market. For example, it could last 3 minutes between two ticks in Earth referential, when you can deduct that the market is stalling, while in your system the two ticks are not separed by time factor, so you lose some relevant informaton. If there was a 3 minute delay between ticks, than it means that you are looking at a chart during off trading hours. Whether it is a tick chart or time, there would be little change.

Now, the ideea of considering ticks, but taking account of time , is a good one, since averaging is more exact and statistics are better in a larger n body system than in a reduced one, meaning that you can predict better the movement of the macroscopic object (the market) by means of microscopic behaviour (ticks). The only problem is storage and mathematical processing capabilities. Good point, but the market is constantly changing and too volatile. Even a strong trend can only go so long. Candles could take too long to close, and the market may have already swung 40 or 50 pips. Taking time into account means nothing. A chart can be changed from a 1 minute, to a 5 minute, or 30 minute etc; and averages can appear drastically different and nothing like other time frames. How is that for "exact"?? Find for me the absolute best time frame to trade, it must have the absolute best and exact SMA, it must get you in at the best price, and keeps you in for maximum profit. . If it is better than my tick charts, you'll have an argument.

In my opinion , the best software would be the one that, as you said, logged every tick, but with time attached to it, and would allow users to define themselves the timeframe to be displayed, with maximum resolution one tick.

I can't figure out why there is not such a soft on the market, unless there are too much requirements for processing and storage.

Two month ago I designed a database that logged every tick but accidentaly I have deleted it. I like the ideea, and maybe after I finish my current experiment I will resume data logging.

mirq:
In my opinion , the best software would be the one that, as you said, logged every tick, but with time attached to it, and would allow users to define themselves the timeframe to be displayed, with maximum resolution one tick.

I can't figure out why there is not such a soft on the market, unless there are too much requirements for processing and storage.

Two month ago I designed a database that logged every tick but accidentaly I have deleted it. I like the ideea, and maybe after I finish my current experiment I will resume data logging.

Wow. Now there is a spectacular idea!

Maybe we can call it...MetaTrader.

I think speed tracking, if you can when does the tick in each of our bar become normal speed, could be more advantageous in today market scenario

many platform, even java ones, give the color of tick movement , grey , no signal , red down and blue up -- so .. the coins flip lot of times every minute, it does say nothing

Zion_Lion:

Wow. Now there is a spectacular idea!

Maybe we can call it...MetaTrader.

No, there is already a soft called MetaTrader. We should think about an other name.

mirq:
No, there is already a soft called MetaTrader. We should think about an other name.

great tips Zion_Lion!

me and few guys created a renko EA that's really good. but we have another EA that is based on H1 candles. this is a great thing to know. i studied tick charts before with leveragefx over 2 yrs ago but never used them live. i just wished i wasn't paying them money then to trade their special charts and hyped up indicators and then on top of that have to pay a fee for esignal software every month.

it did open my eyes to the fact, time does not matter. the thing is if you can trade 1 pair, you should be able to trade every fx pair, regardless of what it is. when you break them down into ticks (or renko bricks), your charts pretty much all look the same. no really weird long candles. just more ticks (or renko candles) or less renko or tick candles. that's it.

Does any one is having problems with updating problems? I need to press refresh to update my chart.

Thanks in advance.

In my case the !TickChart is waiting for an update, nor refresh helps.

The count of LogTickData and TickDataB works.

Mine is working now, i only needed to check "Allow DLL import".

Reason: