Moving Average on RSI not possible

Everywhere I read ( several forums ), everybody says: If you need to have the MA on the RSI-window ( overlay ), just drag the Moving Average from the Navigator window over the RSI-window , then enter "first indicator" into the "Apply to" field.

Easy.

But it is not true at all.

1. There is no "Moving Average" indicator in the Navigator window.

There is a "Moving Averages" indicator there.

When dragged onto the RSI-window on the chart, it only offers 3 input fields:

MA_Period

MA_Shift

MA_Method

Nothing else.

It is impossible to overlay this MA onto the RSI window.

2. The Moving Average indicator from the control-panel of Mt4 ( under Trend ---> Moving Average )

offers many more input fields.

There is a drop-down menu for the field

"Apply to:"

it offers much, e.g. Close, Open, High, Low, Median Price ...etc.

but it nowhere offers "previous indicator" or something similar.

It is impossible to overlay this indicator onto the RSI-window.

What can I do now ?

All my Mt4-platforms ( newest build ) are missing the "apply to previous indicator".

I have Forex4you, GoMarkets, FXOPEN, FIGFX and other broker-platforms (all mt4), but nowhere is this mysterious apply to indicator window.

I need the MA onto the RSI for a strategy.

Please help ....

thank you very much

You need moving average from the indicators folder in Navigator, not custom indicators. You can use RSI from either folder.

quite impossible

but seen some sub-window indicator do that , suddenly got a MA in the sub-window -- dunno how they do it

but without trying, how you are sure the RSI MA will work

may try this indic -- would that be similar

pudseybear:
You need moving average from the indicators folder in Navigator, not custom indicators. You can use RSI from either folder.

I tried everything.

I took the Moving Average indicator from the indicators folder in Navigator.

It offers nothing than what I described.

No chance whatsoever to chose "apply to:" because this input field does not exist.

When I take the Moving Average from the Customs indicator folder, it offers "apply to:" but it does not offer "first indicator" or something similar.

It is completely impossible to overlay the RSI-window with the MA.

Why is everybody claiming that it is possible ?

Next thing I will do: I will post screenshots to show you what the default MA-indicators from the Navigator folder and the Customs-indicator folder offer.

Can anybody help me please ?

@xx3xxx,

thanks for the Trend Trigger indicator. I cannot find it in the customs-indicator folder. It is definitely in the folder, I see it in Explorer-file manager, but it does not appear in Mt4-platform. I restarted the platform about 5 times now. Nothing. Therefore I cannot use it. Sorry.

Ok, here is the screenshot 1:

RSI-window is on the main chart.

In the Navigator folder you see the Moving Averages indicator.

Screenshot 2:

I dragged the "Moving Averages" indicator from the Navigator folder to the RSI - window on the chart.

Nowhere is there a chance to tell the Indicator that it must be applied to the indicator window.

Why then is everybody telling me that it is possible ?

When I click "ok", the Moving average is drawn on the price in the main chart, but never ever in the RSI-window where I want it.

Files:

Here is the default MA indicator from the Mt4-toolbar located in Indicators/Trend/Moving Average

It offers "Apply to:" and there I can chose

Close

Open

High

Low etc.

but it does not offer to be applied to an indicator window.

Of course it is drawn on the main chart, not on the RSI-window.

stardard indicators

Try using the standard indicators not the custom

the custom does not have the option

mikon12:
Ok, here is the screenshot 1:

RSI-window is on the main chart.

In the Navigator folder you see the Moving Averages indicator.

toddanderson:
Try using the standard indicators not the custom the custom does not have the option

Thanks toddanderson.

I would be glad to use the standard indicators.

But where can I find them ?

Where are they located ?

I thought my last screenshot was the standard-indicator. Am I wrong ?

The standard Moving Average indicator of Mt4 has no option to be applied to a window, it only goes to the main chart.

Please show me where a standard MA is located which has the option to be applied to an indicator window.

Here is a screenshot what I mean with toolbar of Mt4:

Files:
mt4_toolbar.jpg  43 kb

It is easy and as described man, relax. here it is, standard indicators exists, above the custom indicators list. Sory i don't know i cuold not attached the file. Bro, from the navigator, above the expert advisor list, indicators list exists.. just select the moving avarage from there..

Easy

Open the Navigator with CTRL-N

Then drag and drop the Moving Average from the Indicators folder to your RSI sub-window and select apply to.

I always select 'Previous Indicator's Data'

That's all

Files:
Reason: