Apply MA to previous indicator high or low values.

Hi everyone, how can I go about applying a moving average to a previous indicators high or low values instead of the default close? This question is for MT5

Nigel Dhlamini :
Hi everyone, how can I go about applying a moving average to a previous indicators high or low values instead of the default close? This question is for MT5

You can try to do this using the MQL5 code.

Vladimir Karputov:

You can try to do this using the MQL5 code.

How would i do that? I'm not any good at coding. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Nigel Dhlamini :
How would i do that? I'm not any good at coding. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Well, first, formulate your question correctly. At the moment it is not at all clear who and to whom you are going to apply.

Vladimir Karputov:

Well, first, formulate your question correctly. At the moment it is not at all clear who and to whom you are going to apply.

The idea is to be able to apply a moving average to any indicator in the indicator windows high or low values. So for example, if I have an RSI or CCI, I want to be able to apply the moving average to its high or low values, as opposed to the default close.

Nigel Dhlamini :
The idea is to be able to apply a moving average to any indicator in the indicator windows high or low values.  So for example, if I have an RSI or CCI, I want to be able to apply the moving average to its high or low values, as opposed to the default close.

Are you talking about RSI for sure? The RSI indicator has a maximum and minimum value NOT ON EVERY bar

Vladimir Karputov:

Are you talking about RSI for sure? The RSI indicator has a maximum and minimum value NOT ON EVERY bar

The RSI is just an example, the ability to apply the moving average as I described is what I am interested in.

Try the RSIOnMAOnRSI code - these are three indicators at the same time:

• pure RSI
  • MA indicator calculated by RSI indicator
  • RSI indicator calculated by MA indicator

The 'MA: type of price' parameter specifies the price type. For example, if you select 'High price', then the RSI indicator will be plotted at the 'High' prices. And then the MA indicator is plotted using this indicator.

Vladimir Karputov:

Try the RSIOnMAOnRSI code - these are three indicators at the same time:

• pure RSI
  • MA indicator calculated by RSI indicator
  • RSI indicator calculated by MA indicator

The 'MA: type of price' parameter specifies the price type. For example, if you select 'High price', then the RSI indicator will be plotted at the 'High' prices. And then the MA indicator is plotted using this indicator.

I understand your example. But it's not the price information I am looking for but the behaviour of the previous indicator. As the RSI or any other indicator moves up and down in response to price action, it will plot it's own highs and lows, I want the MA to be influenced by those movements which is why I would want it to be able to be applied to the Highs or Lows of the previous indicator, regardless of which indicator that is. If the RSI spends more time close to or above the 70 line, an MA applied to its highs will clearly reflect that, as will an MA applied to its lows will show an RSI being closer to the 30 line. Even if the primary indicator were the ATR, the concept would still apply...

Nigel Dhlamini :

I understand your example. But it's not the price information I am looking for but the behaviour of the previous indicator. As the RSI or any other indicator moves up and down in response to price action, it will plot it's own highs and lows, I want the MA to be influenced by those movements which is why I would want it to be able to be applied to the Highs or Lows of the previous indicator, regardless of which indicator that is. If the RSI spends more time close to or above the 70 line, an MA applied to its highs will clearly reflect that, as will an MA applied to its lows will show an RSI being closer to the 30 line. Even if the primary indicator were the ATR, the concept would still apply...

I gave you the answer Above: MAXIMUM or MINIMUM will NOT be ON ALL BARS. Therefore, it is impossible to build an indicator based on such scant information. Do you know exactly what an indicator is?

Vladimir Karputov:

I gave you the answer Above: MAXIMUM or MINIMUM will NOT be ON ALL BARS. Therefore, it is impossible to build an indicator based on such scant information. Do you know exactly what an indicator is?

Never mind. I'll find someone to build it for me. Thanks for your time.

Reason: