Jurik TrendStrength Ea - page 12

Hi Peekaboo,

Not very good not finding any setups more profitable than original.

Hi MrTools,

I was wondering if you had any luck in fixing the problem with the stop loss not being applied properly to JurikTrendstrength 1.2 ?

Peekaboo

Hi Peekaboo,

Have found the problem working on a way of fixing it!

peekaboo:
Hi MrTools,

I was wondering if you had any luck in fixing the problem with the stop loss not being applied properly to JurikTrendstrength 1.2 ?

Peekaboo

Hi Peekaboo,

Might try this version the stop loss works on back test, Trendstrength is now rsx on jurik, the rest is the same.

Files:
jts.mq4  31 kb
jts.rar  42 kb

mrtools:
Hi Peekaboo, Might try this version the stop loss works on back test, Trendstrength is now rsx on jurik, the rest is the same.

Hi MrTools,

I ran a back test for EURUSD using the the new EA that you posted and the results look good, but when I had a look at the orders placed I came across these entries:

1 2011.03.02 20:15 buy 1 0.10 1.38592 0.00000 0.00000 0.00 1000000.00

3 2011.03.03 13:32 modify 1 0.10 1.38592 1.38599 0.00000 0.00 1000000.00

Line 1 shows that order 1 was placed at 20:15 but it wasn't until the next day at 13:32 (line 3) that a stop loss was applied to the order. Is this the expected behaviour of the EA ?

Peekaboo

peekaboo:
Hi MrTools,

I ran a back test for EURUSD using the the new EA that you posted and the results look good, but when I had a look at the orders placed I came across these entries:

1 2011.03.02 20:15 buy 1 0.10 1.38592 0.00000 0.00000 0.00 1000000.00

3 2011.03.03 13:32 modify 1 0.10 1.38592 1.38599 0.00000 0.00 1000000.00

Line 1 shows that order 1 was placed at 20:15 but it wasn't until the next day at 13:32 (line 3) that a stop loss was applied to the order. Is this the expected behaviour of the EA ?

Peekaboo

Hi Peekaboo,

No this is not the expected behavior of the Ea. it should modify it very quickly, i didn't see that on my testing and it trading today and far as i can see the stop loss is modifying fine, wonder if maybe there was a skip in the back test data.

ps) for some reason you are missing line 2 this should have been where the Ecn stop loss modification took place, think line 3 is where the trailing stop took over.

Files:
jts.gif  33 kb

mrtools:
Hi Peekaboo,

No this is not the expected behavior of the Ea. it should modify it very quickly, i didn't see that on my testing and it trading today and far as i can see the stop loss is modifying fine, wonder if maybe there was a skip in the back test data.

ps) for some reason you are missing line 2 this should have been where the Ecn stop loss modification took place, think line 3 is where the trailing stop took over.

Hi MrTools,

I managed to figure out where I was going wrong. I had assumed that there was a stop loss set in the default settings, but it had been left at 0, hence no stop loss was applied

Thanks for your help in solving my problem

Peekaboo

mrtools:
Hi Peekaboo, Have found the problem working on a way of fixing it!

Hi MrTools,

I tried backtesting this EA. However it didn't place any orders during the test against 10 years' history data. I checked the journal and found both the EA and indicators were loaded successfully. What might have gone wrong with my testing ?

Thanks,

pooh123

pooh123:
Hi MrTools,

I tried backtesting this EA. However it didn't place any orders during the test against 10 years' history data. I checked the journal and found both the EA and indicators were loaded successfully. What might have gone wrong with my testing ?

Thanks,

pooh123

Hi Pooh123,

Not sure, i used default settings when i back tested it and am using the same settings fwd testing and getting trades so maybe check your settings.

Hi MrTools,

I tried different settings and found that, at ts_mode=1 or 2 the EA didn't place orders. It only placed orders with tx_mode=0. Then I checked the codes and found the function TS_Trend uses iCustom on "rsx on jurik smooth". 4 parameters are used in iCustom. However, "rsx on jurik smooth" has 5 paramters. To my knowledge (which could be wrong), MT4 allows you to use less paramters in iCustom than the functions calls for, as long as the parameters you put there are in sequence. However, I found the 4 parameters there are not in sequence. So I added a 0 after TS_Price and compiled. Then I set ts_mode=1 and then the EA placed orders when I backtested it. It seems that you don't have this problem with the EA. Maybe it's because my version of MT4 is too old. I use this platoform for backtesting only and never upgrade it.

Reason: