No Name Trading System - page 11

1-9-2011 EURUSD Forecast

1-9-2011 EURUSD Projection. 1 Hr projections are only valid for 24 hours, 4Hr projections are valid for the entire week, Daily projections are valid for the entire month.

Files:

To ensure that this thread remains focused on the trading system, I created another thread in the commercial section specifically to post the projections created by Price Master Pro. Please follow the link below for the thread:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/13202-free-price-master-pro-projections

A slight problem with that thread is that my posts are delayed until reviewed by a moderator which may take up to 24 hours. Naturally this defeats the purpose so, If you visit the link above and find that the updated projections are not present between 6-7 PM EST, visit the main website in my signature below and click on the "Free Projections" link at the top menu.

I will continue to provide free projections till launch date.

Cheers,

Pip:
First trade of the year

Date: 1-4-2011

Position:Short

Trade Type: Counter trend (Daily)

Trade Setup:Fresh cross (4Hr), Slow retracement (1Hr)

Entry Price: 1.32983 & 1.33193

Profit Target: 1.32330

Stop-loss: 1.33300

Exit Price:1.32330

Profit: 65.3 & 86.3 Pips

It seems that on post 85 and 96 ,that you are no longer using the Zerolag MACD, Its easy to see but seems that you still use the Cycle GJH4, any reason for the back and forth changes?

ismael360:
It seems that on post 85 and 96 ,that you are no longer using the Zerolag MACD, Its easy to see but seems that you still use the Cycle GJH4, any reason for the back and forth changes?

Hello Ismael360,

I have multiple profiles for the same system and occasionally I will switch profiles for a clearer picture. The rules are still the same. If you will note, the major difference on post 85 is that I used a BB MACD instead, so it is a MACD nevertheless, I use the MACD to confirm reversal , momentum, and divergence and for that matter any MACD will give you the same information. The only difference is how sensitive the indicator will be.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hi Pip.

I would like to ask a few questions regarding your No Name trading System.

1) Based on using the 1H,4H & Daily charts: When deciding trend direction, using the Daily chart, is it best to consider the longer trend direction such as I have illustrsted in the Pip 1 attachment? Or is it better to consider the shorter reversal which lasted 20 days? (Pip 1)

2) Regarding the Trend Trade Rules: The trade is taken at the START of the trend when BOTH long-term timeframe and mediem-term trends agree? (same direction).

3) Should the Zerolag MACD and the Cycle-GJH4 AND the triggerlines ALL be running in the same direction?

Files:
pip_1.jpg  144 kb

imeyourman:
Hi Pip.

I would like to ask a few questions regarding your No Name trading System.

1) Based on using the 1H,4H & Daily charts: When deciding trend direction, using the Daily chart, is it best to consider the longer trend direction such as I have illustrsted in the Pip 1 attachment? Or is it better to consider the shorter reversal which lasted 20 days? (Pip 1)

2) Regarding the Trend Trade Rules: The trade is taken at the START of the trend when BOTH long-term timeframe and mediem-term trends agree? (same direction).

3) Should the Zerolag MACD and the Cycle-GJH4 AND the triggerlines ALL be running in the same direction?

Hello Imeyourman,

Thank you for posting your questions. I will answer them in the same order presented.

1) When you are evaulating chart you usually do not know how long the trend will be (on any timeframe) and thus your question has a bit of a hind sight hidden in it. Nevertheless it is a good question to ask in order to clarify what to look for. When evaluating the Daily chart, you are looking for supporting indicators to indicate a trend is in place. This means the Triggerlines are in a descending/ascending slope with nice separation and momentum; or a fresh trend has started with indicators curving into the direction the trend is heading. This indicates that a trend has started on the longer time frame. Naturally we will not know how far the trend will stay and thus we put into account all days presented whether they are 5, 20 or more days. On the other hand, if the indicators show no clear direction (i.e. going sideways, pinched together) then no clear direction is provided on the longer time frame. At this point you can either stay out of the market or move down to trade only the H1 and H4 using H4 as your guide. If H4 is not clear, then i recommend staying out

2) Again, the "start" of the trend is somewhat of an unknown and you can only look for supporting evidence to tell you what the market is most likely to do next. However, accroding to my strategy, the fresh cross setup indicates a likely"start" of the trend and is defined as a cross in Triggerlines, Zerolag MACD (or regular MACD), and a curve in Cycle Indicator. That would signal the "start" of a trend on any time frame. Synchronizaation among time frames will not be very often and thus for trading purposes the start of a trend trade you are looking for that setup to happen on H1. You do not need to have that setup on H4 or D1 because idealy you want the trend to have already been established on the higher time frames prior to taking the trade on H1. In other words, the setups described are designed to be observed on the time frame you will be executing the trades from (i.e. the smallest time frame). Seeing these setups on larger time frames is nice because they will give you an understanding of what trade bias you should be observing (i.e. which side of the market you should be on).

3) Yes, that is the strongest evidence of trend establishment. You want this to happen on higher time frames and take trades in the same direction on the smaller time frame.

I hope this helps and if not, let me know and i will try to explain further.

Cheers,

Pip

Reason: