No Name Trading System - page 10

newdigital:
Hi Pip,

Please keep this thread as the public with all the indicators uploaded as the source codes.

If you want to make something as commercial things so please create the new thread. You can link your future possible commercial thread with this free public thread. But sorry: you can not link/promote any your commercial activity using this public thread.

Otherwise I will move whole the thread to commercial section as homestudy requested, and your activity will be slow down by itself on TSD.

Dear Newdigital,

Thank you for your post. This thread is for the public and all indicators needed for this strategy have been provided on the first post with the source codes. In addition, my commercial thread is completely separate and you can verify that by performing a small visit to my profile and reviewing all threads created by me.

I have been a long standing member at this forum and I have made every effort to respect and abide by its rules at all times.

You can further verify that my intentions in this thread are not commercially motivated by the detailed description of my method and my trading log (the good and the bad). You can also verify that I have made every effort to respond to those who had questions as diligently as possible. You can further perform a history of all my posts and you will find them as meaningful and mindful as I can possibly make them be.

Although I admire your administrator-ship, I do, however, find it disturbing that you are swayed by the request of a single member whose intentions in posting are only known to him. Surely Homestudy could have taken the time to test the strategy for himself and make some type of meaningful contribution instead of picking a fight. I am not so much in responding to flaming posts and I don't intend on changing that either because I find them a waste of time.

It is not a crime or shameful in any way for anybody to share their propriety information with the general public on commercial basis, after all some of the best and well known traders have done so as far back in history as one can remember (Elliott, Gann, Livermore, etc). I am in no means comparing myself to them but I am sharing what I know and do (for free I may add). Furthermore, some of the most prominent members of this exact forum started their commercial careers without being targeted or have kept their propriety indicators for themselves or for a small group of traders. I am not sure what makes me the exception and the target for scrutiny.

In the end, I will continue to post my trades in this thread as I have done since I started this thread whether it is in public forum or commercial; it really doesn't make a difference since members are able to view it either way and benefit from it, and if you decide to move it to the commercial section, so be it; but I do ask that you be fair with your assessment Newdigital (as we have been accustomed about you) and remind you to look at all the facts prior to swaying to one side or the other. I believe this is part of your moral duty as an Administrator.

I don't intend on dwelling on this topic beyond this post since you and I have more pertinent things to attend to.

Respectfully,

Pip:
Dear Newdigital,

Surely Homestudy could have taken the time to test the strategy for himself and make some type of meaningful contribution instead of picking a fight. I am not so much in responding to flaming posts and I don't intend on changing that either because I find them a waste of time.

Respectfully,

It has nothing to do with your trading strategy more to your marketing tecniques. This same marketing strategy has been played out numerious times before you. But I will share a indy that has works very well for s/r.

Stick it on a M15 chart and take a look.

Sorry that you consider my post to be "flaming" just have seen it all a few times.

Good Luck

PS I can see into the future and I see your indy will only be sold to limited number so they better hurry and buy fast.

Files:
fxi_pivots.ex4  25 kb

homestudy:
It has nothing to do with your trading strategy more to your marketing tecniques. This same marketing strategy has been played out numerious times before you. But I will share a indy that has works very well for s/r.

Sorry that you consider my post to be "flaming" just have seen it all a few times.

Good Luck

PS I can see into the future and I see your indy will only be sold to limited number so they better hurry and buy fast.

Hello Homestudy,

Thank you for your contribution. I believe it will help others in their risk:reward determination and setting proper profit-target and stop-loss. I understand where you are coming from now and commend you for your altruistic intentions.

I invite you to visit my other thread in the commercial section as well where I clearly state my intentions behind my commercial indicator.

My indicator is not ideal for everyone and it certainly has no magic in it nor will it make you rich overnight, it is simply a tool intended for those who use Fibonacci analysis on daily basis. It aims to make their life easier

I wish you all the best.

Cheers,

Can we continue?

homestudy:

Good Luck

Homestudy

I can understand what triggered your response,and if you take some time to evaluate what has been posted by Pip so far,you will realize he has fully disclosed a very profitable strategy for free.

This,IMO,differs from the usual profile of "better hurry and buy fast" and,again IMO ,he should be given some personal credit based on both his history at TSD and his previous posts at this thread,in order for him to continue with this thread where it can be more helpful for most...at this section.

S

Phew, what a rush...things been very hectic lately with the site launch, trading, holiday season and all.

At any rate, here is a quick update of trades performed since last post. All trades on EURUSD

Date: 11-24-2010

Position:Short

Trade Setup:Slow retracement

Entry Price: 1.33285 and 1.33485

Profit Target: 1.32377

Stop-loss: 1.33685

Exit Price:1.33685

Profit: -60 pips

Date: 12-20-2010

Trade Setup:Fresh Cross

Entry Price: 1.31241

Profit Target: 1.30400

Stop-loss: 1.31550

Exit Price:1.31204

Profit: 3.7 pips

Entry Price: 1.31146, 1.31346, 1.31546

Stop-loss: 1.31702

Exit Price:1.31702

Profit: -107 pips

Did not listen to the market on this trade and exit positions early when upside down triangle was forming.

Date: 12-28-2010

Position:Long

Trade Setup:Fresh cross (4Hr)

Entry Price: 1.31698

Profit Target: 1.32300

Stop-loss: 1.31944

Exit Price:1.32300

Profit: 60.2 pips

I had a feeling that a fast retracement was setting up on the daily chart today because the over all trend was bearish and the triggerlines were nicely crossed to the downside but was not near computer when market reversed to take opposite direction.

Market right now is resting at 4Hr support at 1.31129...let us see if this will hold.

Market will likely retest support between 1.29931 and 1.29673...we shall see. Remember, always trade on facts and not anticipation.

You can confirm all trades listed above in my MTI statement.

Happy holidays and trading for all.

Cheers,

Pip

1-4-2011 EURUSD Trade

First trade of the year

Date: 1-4-2011

Trade Type: Counter trend (Daily)

Trade Setup:Fresh cross (4Hr), Slow retracement (1Hr)

Entry Price: 1.32983 & 1.33193

Profit Target: 1.32330

Stop-loss: 1.33300

Exit Price:1.32330

Profit: 65.3 & 86.3 Pips

Files:

Pip:
Phew, what a rush...things been very hectic lately with the site launch, trading, holiday season and all.

At any rate, here is a quick update of trades performed since last post. All trades on EURUSD

Date: 11-24-2010

Entry Price: 1.33285 and 1.33485

Profit Target: 1.32377

Stop-loss: 1.33685

Exit Price:1.33685

Profit: -60 pips

Trade Setup:Fresh Cross

Entry Price: 1.31241

Stop-loss: 1.31550

Exit Price:1.31204

Profit: 3.7 pips

Entry Price: 1.31146, 1.31346, 1.31546

Stop-loss: 1.31702

Exit Price:1.31702

Profit: -107 pips

Did not listen to the market on this trade and exit positions early when upside down triangle was forming.

Date: 12-28-2010

Position:Long

Trade Setup:Fresh cross (4Hr)

Entry Price: 1.31698

Profit Target: 1.32300

Stop-loss: 1.31944

Exit Price:1.32300

Profit: 60.2 pips

I had a feeling that a fast retracement was setting up on the daily chart today because the over all trend was bearish and the triggerlines were nicely crossed to the downside but was not near computer when market reversed to take opposite direction.

Market right now is resting at 4Hr support at 1.31129...let us see if this will hold.

Market will likely retest support between 1.29931 and 1.29673...we shall see. Remember, always trade on facts and not anticipation.

You can confirm all trades listed above in my MTI statement.

Happy holidays and trading for all.

Cheers,

Pip

m8! nice predict gmt (great master......)!!

avi1:
m8! nice predict gmt (great master......)!!

Thanks Avi1. I really don't predict anything, I simply read what the market is saying in light of a couple of tools. Here is a screen shot of my screen.

Since January is now upon us a new set of S/R lines are generated and through it I am able to interrupt short, medium and long -term trend.

As you can see in the figure, a new floor for the month is now present around 1.27420, there are no lines before that level on the monthly chart, so the floor is wide open. Also notice how the same level exists on the 4 hour chart so that it is a good indication that it may be a strong support that the market will want to test. That would be my next profit target for a sell trade if you are a swing type of trader.

On the hourly chart, you can see that price has consolidated between 1.29982 and 1.29636 (as of the time I am writing this post). At this stage I am preparing for a break-out trade. It is tough right now to estimate which direction since the monthly chart is saying short (with divergence), but the 4Hr chart is loosing momentum. So I think there is a potential for a long shoot up to retest 1.31084 before continuing down ( which would make for a better price short entry). Or price may drop right through support on the hourly chart and head directly to 1.27420, but may slow down a bit around 1.28540- 1.28206 if it happens today.

My sense is telling me though that we may get a break-out to the bottom side and a volatile one too because of the divergence on the hourly and the monthly charts (strong short energy). But of course, I could be wrong.

Either way, my entry would be after breakout is confirmed. I would enter on the pullback if any.

Hourly S/R are only valid for today, 4Hr S/R lines are valid for the whole week, and naturally, the monthly S/R are valid for the entire month.

Always remember, trade on facts and not anticipation. Also, do not take my thoughts as recommendations to trade. Use this information at your own risk and discretion.

Files:

Pip:
Thanks Avi1. I really don't predict anything, I simply read what the market is saying in light of a couple of tools. Here is a screen shot of my screen.

Since January is now upon us a new set of S/R lines are generated and through it I am able to interrupt short, medium and long -term trend.

As you can see in the figure, a new floor for the month is now present around 1.27420, there are no lines before that level on the monthly chart, so the floor is wide open. Also notice how the same level exists on the 4 hour chart so that it is a good indication that it may be a strong support that the market will want to test. That would be my next profit target for a sell trade if you are a swing type of trader.

On the hourly chart, you can see that price has consolidated between 1.29982 and 1.29636 (as of the time I am writing this post). At this stage I am preparing for a break-out trade. It is tough right now to estimate which direction since the monthly chart is saying short (with divergence), but the 4Hr chart is loosing momentum. So I think there is a potential for a long shoot up to retest 1.31084 before continuing down ( which would make for a better price short entry). Or price may drop right through support on the hourly chart and head directly to 1.27420, but may slow down a bit around 1.28540- 1.28206 if it happens today.

My sense is telling me though that we may get a break-out to the bottom side and a volatile one too because of the divergence on the hourly and the monthly charts (strong short energy). But of course, I could be wrong.

Either way, my entry would be after breakout is confirmed. I would enter on the pullback if any.

Hourly S/R are only valid for today, 4Hr S/R lines are valid for the whole week, and naturally, the monthly S/R are valid for the entire month.

Always remember, trade on facts and not anticipation. Also, do not take my thoughts as recommendations to trade. Use this information at your own risk and discretion.

m8 ! will you please be nice and post the new set of s/r lines , have a nice weekend ,thx

1-07-2011 EURUSD Trade

O.K. here is the out come of the trade I took today

Date: 1-7-2011

Trade Setup:Slow retracement (4Hr), break-out (1Hr)

Entry Price: 1.29354

Profit Target: 1.28540

Stop-loss: 1.29840

Exit Price:1.29283

Profit: 7.1 pips

I manually closed the trade.

Frankly, I should have not entered the trade. I completely forgot today was Friday (don't know what I was thinking)! Plus price has one more support level on the 4Hr chart (where price is resting at now).

I will re-evaluate on Monday. What I am looking for is for price to break 4Hr support at around 1.29210, then move down a bit and retrace close to that same resistance level 1.29210 before entering (assuming the level still holds next week). It would be a trend continuation trade with a fast retracement setup.

I will post Sun/Mon lines when they are generated for all. Soon you will be able to plot your own lines on your machine.

Happy weekend.

Cheers,

Files:
Reason: