Need Help Not Way Out

Hi fellows,

Greetings!

I am looking for help to get "Multi Pair MA" in this forum since May 7 until now... but not way out, so I have to come here. Excuse for inconveniences caused.

I searched the entire forum here & others site, I came across Multi Pair MACD, Multi Pair RSI / ...Stoch / ...CCI / ... WPR / ... EMS+RSI / ... EMA angle zero / ... Laguerre RSI / ... CoeffOfLine and All MACD, All MA... etc...

I have no knowledge of Meta Programming and have tired modified used an exciting indicator for "Multi Pair MA" but it does not work properly, could someone help on the attached indicator.

Your kind help is appreciated.

Thank you

Files:

tell us what you are trying to do!

sorry I have no clue at all.

Hi Mtuppers

Hi Mtuppers

Thank for your kind responded to me request.

What I needed is a indicator for Moving Average cross over, like Multi Pair Stochastic indicators as programmed shown on the forum.

I hope you can help to modify an existing attached indicator with 2 EMA cross over instead of Stochastic. Hope my request is cleared to you.

Thank you

mtuppers:
tell us what you are trying to do! sorry I have no clue at all.

sorry I am not a good coder either!

however, I think you could using muti-pair MACD instand.

anyway, I will look though the code try to find out, what is going on the code.

as quick look you has not tell meta4 what is MA type.

Hi Mtuppers,

Many thank for your concern, the two EMA are 5 & 20, your kind effort have appreciated.

These type indicators mostly coded by Mladen, I hope he could do us a favour, Mladen.... are you with me, can you reply my post please!

Thanks

Hello,

What's going wrong with this forum? Where are those friends & experts? How about Mladen; are you still active in this forum?

Sincerely looking for help. Have anyone here come across this type of indicator please enlighten me.

Thank you

The problem with moving averages from multiple pairs is simple : too different prices.

Just imagine : moving average of EURUSD with values of 1.2 and moving averages from GBPJPY with values of 131-132 and they have to be shown on the same scale and the same chart. It can be done, but the deformity would be too big to have anything useful (at least that is my opinion) and the original values would be completely lost (it would in effect become a kind of a stochastic of a moving average)

It is like comparing time with prices (when people are looking for "angle" of the moving average forgetting that there can only be an approximation since value and time are two completely different "things") Some things are or incomparable or the comparison is not giving expected results. That is the reason I did not make a multi pair MA

regards

mladen

Files:
multicharts.mq4  59 kb

harrytn

Here you go. Did not use the one you posted (simple case of being lazy, I hate trying to understand what did someone else try to do with a certain peace of code) but I think it does what you were after. It can show up to 5 moving averages. If you want to turn some average off, just set its period to less than 2
PS: as I mentioned, these are "normalized" to range 0-1, so disregard values. Values have nothing to do with real values. Their relative values are kept and and their "angles" are more or less kept so ... 2 out of 3 is not so bad after all

regards

mladen

Files:

mladen:
harrytn Here you go. Did not use the one you posted (simple case of being lazy, I hate trying to understand what did someone else try to do with a certain peace of code) but I think it does what you were after. It can show up to 5 moving averages. If you want to turn some average off, just set its period to less than 2
PS: as I mentioned, these are "normalized" to range 0-1, so disregard values. Values have nothing to do with real values. Their relative values are kept and and their "angles" are more or less kept so ... 2 out of 3 is not so bad after all

regards

mladen

Thank you so much. I have been looking for something like this for a long time too. I trade the triple MA strategy very profitabally too!

The only one closest to this I have seen has one MA on it but the author has an array of excellent combinations of multiple currency pairs and timeframes which can be placed on the chart or a separate window.

He has posted on tsd forum an earlier version of his minicharts. His latest version is attached here.

Whether for others or just some ideas for yourself....( coding challenge/education) i am sharing something brilliant!

It would be great to see these other features built into your version .

I am a big fan of your other indicators too! Let me take this opportunity to thank you.

With much thanks and appreciation.

Reason: