Box Breakout

Updated the indicator somewhat mainly cleaned up a lot of the leftover code garbage and changed the comments by adding some code for auto gmt but for now it just places the comments on the chart, you need TimeGMT.mqh in include folder and NonLagMA_v7.1.1 in your indicators folder.

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much! I will test and report back. Thank you for all of your hard work.

Time settings

Could you please post an example of how to set the time for the range. For example 3:00 to 6:00 GMT. Do we use the iHR Open time and then the expiration time in minutes to define the end time for the range? I do not see the box like I do when I use just the indicator.

tinear10:
Could you please post an example of how to set the time for the range. For example 3:00 to 6:00 GMT. Do we use the iHR Open time and then the expiration time in minutes to define the end time for the range? I do not see the box like I do when I use just the indicator.

HiTinear,

Sorry for late responce just saw your question.

The Ea if working right is supposed to place the buy and sell orders at iHrEnd + iMnEnd, IHrOpen is when box drawing should start, the expiration time in minutes is for pending orders if you want to keep them open longer myself i like them to close once other opens. Forward tested it this week and to me its a major back to the drawing board, like you said the box was different, on my testing sometimes Ea would open pending orders other times not, anyway not happy with Ea's performance so would recomend going back to manual trading this until i get all the issues ironed out. Seemed to work great in visual back tester!!

Regards

A lot of thanks !

Hi, MrTools!

Very appreciated. Thanks for the sharing.

Safe trading for you ! Mikhael.

Breakout EA

This Ea i finished for now have a lot of plans for it in the future but its good for now. What it does is place pending orders at the high (buystop) and low (sellstop) at a user selected time usimg the box that the Ea draws on the chart. GMT Offset can be manually set if desired on the comments if enabled it will tell you Gmt time and your brokers time, which should help you set to the right Gmt time, plan on making this a switch if you want GMT or not but will just have to rough it for now. Myself just like using the brokers time but that's me. Ea has an Auto stop loss if = 1 the Ea will for instance if you are in buy will place stoploss on the bottom or sell side of the box.Has a max range feature to explain there was a manual system called Power Breakout that used this their way of thinking is if the range went over so much amount it won;t go much more or chop. Haven't tested this so not for sure it works.Best way i can think of is to optimize the Ea for every pair start and end time wise, but would guess a lot of the pairs have very close break out times.As far as it working on ECN type brokers running a visual back test now on Jade, far as i know they are ECN, but would imagine very possibly will be different when market opens tomorrow night.The Timegmt.mqh goes in experts/include file. This is no lie this is the first 2 trades from this Ea on visual test, guess i will call this picture cherry picking!!!

ps) forgot to add this Ea is pure range breakout no trend features for now.

ps2) removed original version it had problems that were not found during visual back testing, found and slightly modified this version for now, but please only test it on demo until we are sure all is good.

Files:

Is this EA profitable now?

daffi:
Is this EA profitable now?

No its not, its a work in progress and market conditions not very favorable for these type of systems now IMHO, but that's just my opinion

mrtools:
Updated the indicator somewhat mainly cleaned up a lot of the leftover code garbage and changed the comments by adding some code for auto gmt but for now it just places the comments on the chart, you need TimeGMT.mqh in include folder and NonLagMA_v7.1.1 in your indicators folder.

File Type: mq4 Breakout Box Trend.mq4‎ (36.2 KB, 129 views)

Is anyone able to add a section to this EA that notices if the current box has a high that is lower than the previous boxes high and also the low is higher than the perious box? It would alert and also be able to send an email... please let me know if you have any questions...

Reason: