Correlations revisited ... - page 5

mladen:

yourthebest

You are showing some posts that have nothing in common with the correlations indicator you are referring to

Please clarify what is what you need regarding correlation indicators - without redirecting to some FF thread that is unrelated to it

He is pushing his commercial thread

nbtrading:
He is pushing his commercial thread

Well we shall see ...

Hey guys. i have no commercial interest whatsoever in trading. I thought of what i perceived to be a good idea. i did my best to convey the idea for the sole purpose fo sharing what i thought was a good idea. What exactly about what i said is not understood?

There were two ideas mentioned:

1. combining the two mladen indicators of correlation and normalized ccfp...

2.applying step to the ccfp

the only reason i linked to ff was to show the charts... i linked directly to the posts only to show only the charts and not to the thread.

those charts are great examples which show what it looks like visually when 2 currencies are correlated and have strength together...

take time to study what is shown before accusing someone please

thanks

yourthebest

PS i like the idea of a ranked currencies indicator ranked by strength, I.E. a currency strength indicator that can show overbought and oversold CURRENCies rather than overbought and oversold pairs

i was hoping we could brainstorm on how to achieve that goal if you aren't keen on my idea on how to do that, than please make suggestions.... you guys know how to make better than i perhaps...

lets hear your idea then

so easy to criticize others but to create ideas that are good is not so easy and you guys ought to be more appreciative.

mladen:

I am afraid I do not understand

Would you mind explaining a bit more? If you mean to apply indicator to another indicator, that is not possible with metatrader 4 (only with metatrader 5)

oops sorry. i thought it would be something that was easy and you would say 'no sweat' man. If it's too much trouble forget it man.

thanks again

yourthebest

ps if there is a mt5 version of normalized ccfp and your correlation indie could i then apply one indicator to the other indicators data? if so i'd happily test my idea further to make sure it has merit first before requesting any coding, if you would kindly point me to where i could download the mt5 indicators.

kind regards

yourthebest

yourthebest:

oops sorry. i thought it would be something that was easy and you would say 'no sweat' man. If it's too much trouble forget it man.

thanks again

yourthebest

ps if there is a mt5 version of normalized ccfp and your correlation indie could i then apply one indicator to the other indicators data? if so i'd happily test my idea further to make sure it has merit first before requesting any coding, if you would kindly point me to where i could download the mt5 indicators.

kind regards

yourthebest

I did not say that it is "too much trouble"

What I told is that "it is not possible with metatrader 4" - metatrader 4 never had that possibility and even with new metatrader 4 we can not apply custom indicator to arbitrary data. Also, since ccfp requires data from 8 symbols, there is no way to specify the 8 different data sources - not even in metatader 5 - if the custom indicator could use some "previous indicator data"

Is there a way to chose one out of multiple values of some indicator to be used by, for example, ma?

nbtrading:
Is there a way to chose one out of multiple values of some indicator to be used by, for example, ma?

No, there is no way to do that

mladen:

OK. Thanks

mladen:

Not even in mt5?

Hi Seniors,

usually in correlation indicators (pair} price line is calculated in conjunction with that particular pair (because 7 pairs with 7 lines} for example in EURUSD price is calculated how EUR is declining or increasing against USD,if EUR is increasing here against USD,at the same time EUR might be decreasing its value against some other currency,for example GPB or AUS,not because of that EUR is increasing/decreasing its value,might be EUR is still at same price in real but because of other currencies (USD/GPB} might be going up or down,so my question is......which one indicator give us a currency original price,real price with out any conjunction with any currency and from where it will be get data for latest rate and how it will be refresh data at every tick,is there any central exchange where prices are decided or every currency get data from its own country central bank.....thanks

regards

Reason: