Various - page 103

mladen:

This one is from the book a friend sent to me : "Evidence-Based Technical Analysis Applying the Scientific Method and Statistical Inference to Trading Signals" from David A Ronson.

In one place (starting from page 430 ) the author is mentioning the use of stochastic (he calls it a "Channel normalization operator" but from a definition of it it is clear that it is what we usually refer to as "Stochastic") to detect divergences of two symbols. The idea itself is simple and that is why I like it : 2 stochastics of a smoothed price are calculated for the current symbol and for the symbol that is used to comparison. Then the difference of those 2 stochastics is calculated. The a further enhancement is done by one additional stochastic applied to this difference in order to get clearer and more usable values.
Rules types would be the following :
And the description of the rules to trade : The 12 rules are the following :
PS: author uses S&P 500 as base symbol but in my opinion we can use symbols we know are highly correlated (like the example on the picture GBPUSD used for base symbol on a GBPJPY chart) and in that case the indicator should give meaningful results

PPS: I decided not to draw the 50 line but instead to have something that could be called a "no divergence channel" in the middle of the indicator

Decided to upgrade this indicator (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180002 - added some options and made more user friendly). Probably it should be revisited - the set of rules seems to be sound

mladen:

Decided to upgrade this indicator (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180002 - added some options and made more user friendly). Probably it should be revisited - the set of rules seems to be sound

Can it show the message with those 12 rules?

sebastianK:
Can it show the message with those 12 rules?
Will check if tit can be done

mladen:

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for upgrading this one.

can i know what is notable difference (visual result wise) in between one of your previous and this new one,looks same in out look even older is a bit smooth with same default parameters,picture attached,upper one is old and lower one is new.

regards

mladen:
Which version are you using for comparison?

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for early response,the new one you posted recently in post number "1022" (in picture the lower sw) .... and the one i posted in post number "1025" your old one with nrp/alerts (in picture upper one sw)

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for early response,the new one you posted recently in post number "1022" (in picture the lower sw) .... and the one i posted in post number "1025" your old one with nrp/alerts (in picture upper one sw)

regards

Bloody Jurik ... took me some time to discover what was going on

Check them now

mladen:

Bloody Jurik ... took me some time to discover what was going on

Check them now

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for quick help,so it was jurik :)

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for quick help,so it was jurik :)

regards

It was me - trusting Jurik :)

No more trust :) :) :)

Dual stochastic divergences with an addition of filtering

mladen:

Dual stochastic divergences with an addition of filtering

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for filter addition,now jurik will not be interfere :)

can you help guide plz.how to use it,as default it is comparing EURUSD to GBPUSD,here in picture all two pairs are attached but i do not follow how to figure out ..... Dual stoch with default parameters.

regards

Reason: