MT4 to MT5 code converter - page 2

Forget it... you can't convert automatically

The MQ4 and MQ5 languages are not compatible. You can't just write a script that will do the entire conversion of your MT4 indicators to MT5. All this script does is change the file "type" so that technically, yes, it is an "MQ5" file and can be read by MT5... but it doesn't convert the commands in the code... it can't... because the languages are different and they use different commands to achieve similar results.

Unfortunately the MQ5 language is still being improved and it is missing some key commands right now... commands that make it impossible to convert some indicators from MT4... they'll need to be redesigned from scratch for MT5. I found this out while attempting to convert some of my own indicators.

Thankfully MT5 is still being "beta tested" and brokers won't be forcing you to switch platforms anytime soon... most will probably make MT4 and MT5 available side by side for at least a year or two after the "official" release of MT5.

If you want to convert your MT4 files then you'll have to either learn how to code with MQ5, or find someone to do it for you. There will be no "automatic" conversion of your indicators.

No worries... no hurries either...

Lot of people are worried about nothing here.

MT5 has a ton of problems. And only the

US based firms strong-armed by NFA and

CFTC will be forced to institute MT5 as soon

as possible. Non-US based firms will have

very little uses for MT5 and non-hedge FIFO

BS built in to the MT5 platform. Everyone

else will continue to offer MT4 especially those

located offshore and not under NFA jurisdiction.

Not to mention MT5 will most likely have a ton

of bugs and issues for at least 2-5 years. Have

people forgotten what a nightmare MT4 was

before it finally matured? Plus, some genius

programmer in open source will most likely

create a seamless plugin that will work perfectly

in MT5 to make MT4 based expert advisors to

work well. Or come up with a better script

converter when MT5 really goes live. Stop

worrying about MT5. Besides, MT5 sucks

royally. Just ask anyone who beta tested it.

JonnyFX:
Lot of people are worried about nothing here.

MT5 has a ton of problems. And only the

US based firms strong-armed by NFA and

CFTC will be forced to institute MT5 as soon

as possible. Non-US based firms will have

very little uses for MT5 and non-hedge FIFO

BS built in to the MT5 platform. Everyone

else will continue to offer MT4 especially those

located offshore and not under NFA jurisdiction.

Not to mention MT5 will most likely have a ton

of bugs and issues for at least 2-5 years. Have

people forgotten what a nightmare MT4 was

before it finally matured? Plus, some genius

programmer in open source will most likely

create a seamless plugin that will work perfectly

in MT5 to make MT4 based expert advisors to

work well. Or come up with a better script

converter when MT5 really goes live. Stop

worrying about MT5. Besides, MT5 sucks

royally. Just ask anyone who beta tested it.

Did you ran as soon as your are born, not isn't, same way MT 5 will out beat MT 4 over time, every thing need its own time and effort to get refined and mature.

amarnath:
Did you ran as soon as your are born, not isn't, same way MT 5 will out beat MT 4 over time, every thing need its own time and effort to get refined and mature.

true, but don't forgot if MT4 still keep improve might able to beat MT5 too.

however, as MT4 they stop updating!

well it just like trading if you don't learn new stuff, you will just stay in that level of trading, when you learn new, might improve it.

MQL5 help

Can anyone give me any suggestion to translate this simple indicator from MQL4 to MQL5 ?

I'v tried with mql4to5rewrite_sample_v4_2 script but it really doesn't work properly....

Thanks for help !

Files:

mt4 to mt5 converter

Maybe the beta early demo only version is wrItten in such a way as to not allow MT5 extra indictors to be active and will only allow acess when the full live/and demo version is released. I am looking for a MT5 full colour twin line MacD to replace the original indicator and also a weekly/ monthly /daily pivot point indicator Roland Shepherd at voebothy@yahoo.com

I am tech dumb, no conversions will work for me unless i am helped by experts and gurus here.

Can anyone help me to convert

BB squeeze dark, Woodies CCi panel, Fractal dimension, Damiani volatameter 3.2, all these MT4 INDI'S to that of MT5?

For all those hopping to find an easy way to convert code from metatrader 4 to metatrader 5 :

There is no and will be no easy way of converting from metatrader 4 to metatrader 5. Unfortunately metatrader 5 developers made some decisions that made "code comparability" just a word and impossible to simply convert. Just to mention one thing : none of the built-in indicators are a function any more (all of you familiar to coding know what a step back this is and what code complications it means)

So, the good and the bad news on this topic are the same : no news

Very good MT5 indicators to be converted to MT4

Hi expert coders,

These are two useful good MT5 indicators. Anybody please convert it for MT4.

My advance thanks.

Double smooth stochostic colored and WPR histogram

Reason: