Cacus MaCCImo - page 3

Ups, missed the thread LOL

Any pairs?

Hi cacus

Does it apply to any pairs?Any TF? do i have to change any default setting for different pairs?

Rgs

Use each set for each pair!!!

And no, the sets are for m15. If you get this EA to work better on other TF then share the set file

Regards.

Hi Cacus

Im a bit confuse with this coding

if (OpenOrders < MaxOrders && TimeDay(TimeCurrent())StartDayMonth && (!HourFilter || IsTradeTime(1) || IsTradeTime(2) || IsTradeTime(3))) {

so if HourFilter = false, and IsTradeTime(1/2/3) = true, would it return true?

as what i know, false or true = true?

doshur,

That's logic coding, an if statement with all inside and not needing any more nested if's...

In this case (!HourFilter || ....) Prevent for the rest of the logic comparison to take action in case HourFilter variable is false (if HourFilter is off, then it's not gonna compare if we are in a trading session or not.. just go on and open orders). So, simply: the hour filter is off. Either case, if HourFilter is ON, then the next comparison takes control, if we are on one of the trading sessions set on the settings then we follow, else just wait for the correct time.

Pay attention to the whole logic statement.

If you have any more doubt just let me know.

Regards.

doshur:
Hi Cacus

Im a bit confuse with this coding

if (OpenOrders < MaxOrders && TimeDay(TimeCurrent())StartDayMonth && (!HourFilter || IsTradeTime(1) || IsTradeTime(2) || IsTradeTime(3))) {

so if HourFilter = false, and IsTradeTime(1/2/3) = true, would it return true?

as what i know, false or true = true?

hi,

i tried to explain to myself something like (false || true) return true?

shld it be something like

if ((Signal && HourFilter && IsTradeTime(1)) || (Signal && !HourFilter))

=)

Yes, but these are the possibilities:

if Filter is false:

if (!Filter || .....) The if let the thing go. No filtering by this filter in revision here. Since Filter variable is FALSE and we are looking for a false to turn it to true. (!)

If Filter is true:

if (!Filter || ...) While Filter is TRUE, then the comparison here drops FALSE (note the ! before, reverse), so the IF would be looking for a TRUE in the next statement after ||...

If some of the other statements are TRUE it means we are in a trading sessions so the IF let it follow, else, if all of them are false the IF don't let the rest of the code executes...

Are we ok now? too mane if's, i'm a bit lost now LOL

=)

Regards my friend.

yes

Got any idea how to sharpen the entry?

i'm thinking something like using 1 minute time frame with EMA for entry.

What do u think?

can trouble you to help me back test my updated version against the old one if it is better?

Sharpen the entry...

hummm...

What about adding a CCI on M15?

If CCIM15 is greater than suppose 90 then we sell...

if it's lower than 90 buy...

Another good way to just letting the good entries go are to combine stochs (OB and OS areas, 80 and 20), CCI (as i said before) and W%R (OB and OS areas).

Those 3 indicators could bring more accuracy to the entry. Also a MA on lower TF would be good i think.

I'm gonna start to test your last version.

I'll let you know my findings.

Regards

Thanks so much

Actually I was thinking something like this

Curr_ME = iMA(NULL, 1, 5, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0)

Prev_ME = iMA(NULL, 1, 5, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 1)

if(Curr_ME > Prev_ME) then buy

trying hard to maximize very pips, hehe...

Reason: