Requests & Ideas - page 657

Mladen

If this is not too complicated can you convert auto regression auto-optimisation moving  average into mql4?Thanks,

https://github.com/26medias/timeseries-analysis 

http://paulbourke.net/miscellaneous/ar/ 

nevar:

Mladen

If this is not too complicated can you convert auto regression auto-optimisation moving  average into mql4?Thanks,

https://github.com/26medias/timeseries-analysis 

http://paulbourke.net/miscellaneous/ar/ 

C source here http://paulbourke.net/miscellaneous/ar/source/

mladen:
Why not using any other DSS that already does not repaint?
Can you recommend me a similar ? (RB DSS repaint 1-2 dots )

Dear friends,

I was interested an ea and I would like to ask you a few questions...

- When optimizing testing an ea, do we have to test all the values ​​at the same time?

(If "yes", the test duration is too long (1 514 184 060 480 000 000 total test process!)

Instead of testing all the values "​​one by one/step step", the testing process is much shorter.

But I do not know if this method will work correctly? 

Would you recommend this method so that the optimization test takes much shorter time?

Thank you. 

mladen:

Since WPR is is a special case of stochastic, you can use this

Oh... another good indicator!

Thank you again sir.  :-) 

Hi, since I'm not good on MT4 programming (I'm not a programmer at all), could someone help me on building a custom indicator (let's call it Easy Trend) helpful for any strategies since it's an easy way to represent the main trend with a simple logic?

Below what we could need with some examples.

Output

We need an easy, minimal and a clean indicator like that one shown in top right angle of the pictures:

It's made by:

• pair we are observing;
  • Triangle for trend direction;
  • % of the strenght of trend;
  • Text for explanation of the trend (SIDETREND, DOWNTREND, UPTREND);
  • indication of n of bars used for calculation. 

Input

• n of bars to take in consideration in the current TimeFrame (minimum 3 bars, maximum 5000 bars)
  • Uptrend color
  • Super Uptrend color
  • Downtrend color
  • Super Downtrend color
  • Sidetrend color
  • Trendline color
  • Trendline drawing (true, false)
  • Position of the indicator in the main window (up or down left corner, up or down right corner)
  • Font size
  • Alarm for Super trend

Logic

Logic is described in the images below. Using the medium price of the candle n bars before the current candle and the current price, we can draw a line that defines the direction of our trend. 

The tangent of the angle generated by this new line and the zero line (the zero line is the parallel one created starting from the medium price of the candle n bars before the current candle) we also have the strength of the trend. High values of tangent are strong values for trend (UP or DOWN).

Translating the tangent values in % we can show both informations: direction and how much strong the trend is.

At the currenct candle closure the indicator should recalculate the trend using the new current candle and a new n bars before current candle. 

Here the logic used for the tangent identification and % conversion of tangent values:

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance!! 

zephyrus:

Hi, since I'm not good on MT4 programming (I'm not a programmer at all), could someone help me on building a custom indicator (let's call it Easy Trend) helpful for any strategies since it's an easy way to represent the main trend with a simple logic?

Below what we could need with some examples.

Output

We need an easy, minimal and a clean indicator like that one shown in top right angle of the pictures:

It's made by:

• pair we are observing;
  • Triangle for trend direction;
  • % of the strenght of trend;
  • Text for explanation of the trend (SIDETREND, DOWNTREND, UPTREND);
  • indication of n of bars used for calculation. 

Input

• n of bars to take in consideration in the current TimeFrame (minimum 3 bars, maximum 5000 bars)
  • Uptrend color
  • Super Uptrend color
  • Downtrend color
  • Super Downtrend color
  • Sidetrend color
  • Trendline color
  • Trendline drawing (true, false)
  • Position of the indicator in the main window (up or down left corner, up or down right corner)
  • Font size
  • Alarm for Super trend

Logic

Logic is described in the images below. Using the medium price of the candle n bars before the current candle and the current price, we can draw a line that defines the direction of our trend. 

The tangent of the angle generated by this new line and the zero line (the zero line is the parallel one created starting from the medium price of the candle n bars before the current candle) we also have the strength of the trend. High values of tangent are strong values for trend (UP or DOWN).

Translating the tangent values in % we can show both informations: direction and how much strong the trend is.

At the currenct candle closure the indicator should recalculate the trend using the new current candle and a new n bars before current candle. 

Here the logic used for the tangent identification and % conversion of tangent values:

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance!! 

On time series charts you have time on the x axis and value on the y axis - since they are incompatible angle can not be calculated

mladen:
On time series charts you have time on the x axis and value on the y axis - since they are incompatible angle can not be calculated

It's true we have different measures on x and y but we don't need to use time, just the number of bars used in the current TF; it's a integer, isn't?

Besides, we should only use the numeric part after comma (i.e. 1,02343 should be considered as 2343) if we have the same integer. Otherwise we should determine the difference and use a multiplying factor.

it's a like of constrained but it could work. Of course i'll be in charge to do tests in order to approve the validity. 

Please, help me 

zephyrus:

It's true we have different measures on x and y but we don't need to use time, just the number of bars used in the current TF; it's a integer, isn't?

Besides, we should only use the numeric part after comma of price since (i.e. 1,02343 should be considered as 2343) it's impossible to change the integer part (really really utopian)

it's a like of constrained but it could work. Of course i'll be in charge to do tests in order to approve the validity. 

Please, help me 

Please check this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173056/page3 for some further explanation and one of the possible solutions, but, as I told there already then, that is nothing but an approximation

mladen:

Check this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173056/page3 for some further explanation and one of the possible solutions, but, as I told there already then, that is nothing but an approximation that has nothing to do with some real math

I got it.....so how can we apply this kind of conversion here? Should we use ATR indicator? The important thing is do determine the inclination of the line since it would represent the strenght of the trend. 

I don't think it's a problem the approximation since is a general trend and not something needed to be so accurate. 

Reason: